sherwood fishery

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick75

got to shewrood fishery bright and early choose sherwood lake managed to get a swim oppsite the reed bends,got setup pretty quick as i saw carp doing the high jump near me got me pole out to 14.5mtrs on pellet(4mm)well over an hour passed and not a bite on pellets or maggots [:0] so i thought whats going on hear then,thinking im gonna blank yet again,i switched to my trusty waggler rod,chucked double maggot on and would you adam and eve it struck straight into a nice skimmer,then a 2lb'ish bream and agian and again,so i thought hmm shall i try the pole again in the same spot,one hour or so later nothing so back to the rod and BANG hit into a carp woohoo first ever carp only about 2lb or so but blimey they can fight hard in all i got over 60lb (need bigger scales i think) of mixed fish bream carp roach skimmers.so to end my blog why did my pole fail and my rod won the day??

luremad

Barbelus Maximus
congrats on youre first carp mate me and dad fished cavendish lake the other week and ended up with around 70 - 80 pound of skimmers, rudd and roach we only ended up with one carp all day on feeder i tried pole but ended up with a few roach and skimmers but majority went to feeder.

Tony_grig

Your pole might not have worked because the water was clear. If you have a big length of carbon waving over their heads in clear water it can cause them to back off!
Well done on your catch by the way, sounds like a cracking days fishing!
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.