Sherborne Castle Lake

CAR476

Morning all
Going to give Sherborne lake another go today but not hopeful of doing that well. Have been three times since lockdown restrictions lifted early in July but have struggled to catch much, other than some micro perch and roach.....all on maggot.
If you know the lake, it is fringed by Lilly pads with gaps by the fishing stages and you are straight into 4ft + of water. It all looks so promising!
I have only spoken to a couple of other anglers in the car park (you are not allowed to walk the banks) and they didn't seem to have much joy either. This is a big water and I feel outside of my comfort zone launching a feeder 40+ yards out but having not had much success in the margins I guess that it might be worth a try. There are supposed to be decent shoals of bream but bags from recent matches are not that brilliant.....20lb average for a full day.
Any ideas ?

CAR476

Ok, update on yesterday's mission. Fishing a feeder into strong north wind was tricky to say the least....found it difficult to consistently hit my baited area + tip was bouncing around due to wind. I don't like feeders at the best of times but stuck with it on maggots or corn. Picked up several roach / skimmers which I barely knew were on due to the weight of feeder ! Also had two eels of around 3lb each.....thought they were supposed to be scarce these days.
All in all not a bad day.