Shelf life of additives and flavourings?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do additives and flavourings have a shelf life, or is it a case of keep refrigerated once opened?

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Some do for sure.

All the PikePro oils i use lose their smell from one winter to the next once opened, the fishyness is gone and it has that old paintbrush smell. Same thing happened with a bottle of hemp oil i bought, i'm sure it had been opened previously in the shop because it had the paintbrush smell too. Smelt nothing like the supermarket hemp oil.

On the other hand i have some sonubaits spicy sausage and luncheon meat goo type stuff, had them a couple years and still smell the same. Same goes for bottles of Korda Goo i have.

I don't imagine it would hurt to put them in the fridge once opened, just let them get back to room temperature before trying to squeeze them out the bottle :D

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Haven’t noticed anything on the packaging of stuff like Lava & Haze to say “use within....” but I guess they would probably lose some degree of smell over time or congeal if just left in a seatbox.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I've had a plastic squirty bottle of Liquid Worm for about 18 months now and it's still liquid, not congealed, and quite potent.

blankmag

Site Supporter
bought sonu lava in july last year the corn and f1 green errrrmm its just about solid and cant be used now in bin