Sheldons

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Took my lad on his first ever Trent trip today.

Finding the venue was a nightmare but we got there. We were going nowhere in fishing terms. A few tiddlers on maggot but a change to pellets was a divine move I caught 2 chublets and 3 small barbel in quick succession. Then my lad copied and took the shoal. He also managed a better stamp. I took 2 more barbel and a decent chub.

Great venue and a reasonable day.

Attachments

• 20220726_170920.mp4
    7.1 MB
  • 20220726_174524.jpg
    20220726_174524.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 38

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Glad you had a good day there. The beach looks a lot wider than the last time I saw it, What's the betting your lad will want to return to the Trent PDQ. :)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Took my lad on his first ever Trent trip today.

Finding the venue was a nightmare but we got there. We were going nowhere in fishing terms. A few tiddlers on maggot but a change to pellets was a divine move I caught 2 chublets and 3 small barbel in quick succession. Then my lad copied and took the shoal. He also managed a better stamp. I took 2 more barbel and a decent chub.

Great venue and a reasonable day.
Well done 👏, nice day out with your son ,glad you were rewarded with some nice fish ,happy days 😀

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Glad you had a good day there. The beach looks a lot wider than the last time I saw it, What's the betting your lad will want to return to the Trent PDQ. :)
Already asked for next week. Met some friendly anglers too. All curious to the bait we used due to the frequency of bites.

Note to myself...take proper footwear. I walked out in socks to steady the fish before they swam off.

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
A footnote. Just seen on newark facebook page there was a barbel floating at East Stoke. This was posted at 8 pm yesterday. We never saw anything like that all afternoon. It is of course blamed on keepnets but who, other than a match puts barbel in a net ? I used one for the roach, dace, chublets and perch. I have caught barbel in a match and with a pegged out net they have been able to recover and swim off. One of my lads fish took a couple of mins holding against the flow before it kicked, now who is not to say the specimen lads caught and released straight away without giving time for the fish to recover?
The only downside yesterday I could see was a couple of speed boats that sat very low at the back end and went way too fast, I would like to guess the low propeller in shallow water would not give any fish much hope with contact. Why do anglers want to blame each other? It beats me.