Sheldons/East Stoke

gixer 13

Site Supporter
If there is enough interest i will be running a couple of matches in august/september what would you prefer one on each or just east stoke or just sheldons

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
East Stoke as a preference although happy to fish Sheldons if others prefer both venue. (y)

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Another for date dependent gix, thanks. No real preference and go with flow mate, all i will say re the venue is and as the second one of these matches proved last season, Sheldons will give a more level playing field. Could it be an option if we do fish East stoke, to say that Barbel don't count, make it 'silvers' only type format may be?

Scribe

Site Supporter
Another for date dependent gix, thanks. No real preference and go with flow mate, all i will say re the venue is and as the second one of these matches proved last season, Sheldons will give a more level playing field. Could it be an option if we do fish East stoke, to say that Barbel don't count, make it 'silvers' only type format may be?
Get the silvers only format for either East Stoke or Sheldons, that said I could cope with being plagued by Barbel all day and ending up DNW. :ROFLMAO:

Scribe

Site Supporter
@gixer 13 Is Fletchers an option if arrangements can be made for parking behind the pegs ?

mattnewark

If we're even contemplating a non Barbel match then Fletchers 50 - 70 is a very good shout.....I'd argue there's more skimmers and bream there than East Stoke and Sheldons.

Happy either way though, all 3 will provide plenty of bites. When fishing the stick float or ground bait feeder my first choice will be Fletchers.....if I'm after Barbel on the stick then I will give East Stoke the nod over Fletchers cos there's a lot more Barbel there.

jononcb

i can ask about access to fletchers field can book it but will need to check about parking behind every peg
Where are we talking here?
High number pegs on the Newark dyke at Hudsons bay??
Can normally park behind the pegs here if ground conditions are okay.

gixer 13

Site Supporter
Where are we talking here?
High number pegs on the Newark dyke at Hudsons bay??
Can normally park behind the pegs here if ground conditions are okay.
You can if you get the key to open the gate.

Paul.P

Would love to come, but it will be date dependant as got so many matches this time of year, sept/oct not so bad.