Sheldons East Stoke River Trent Match 11th September 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
@Whisker glad to see your joining us for the day. (y)

For anyone who is unsure about directions / the entrance for Sheldons is here ------What3Words ///twig.hologram.stumble

School Lane - East Stoke NG23 5QL

Whisker

Site Supporter
Thanks Kev. I’m in the ‘unsure’ bracket so that’s most helpful 👍

Scribe

Site Supporter
@Whisker any kit u feel u need let me know, I have a spare un-hooking mat and think landing net that's 32 or 34 inch.

Whisker

Site Supporter
Thanks Kev, great gesture. Net might come in handy, thank you kindly 👍. All my gear is match gear, I have a mat and larger spoon type net for munters, but think I’ll have a longer Christmas list this year than I had last year… 😬

Scribe

Site Supporter
Thanks Kev, great gesture. Net might come in handy, thank you kindly 👍. All my gear is match gear, I have a mat and larger spoon type net for munters, but think I’ll have a longer Christmas list this year than I had last year… 😬
You're going to need a bigger chimney. :D:D

IanG1

Site Supporter
Watched the weigh in from Evesham yesterday on cadense FB page. Most had struggled all weekend and looked a lovely stretch of river with some real fishy looking pegs, shame nobody told the fish that

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
If the Barbel show and you want to step things up a bit you're welcom to borrow one of my Barbel rods, reels, feeders, hooklengths, pellets, boilies etc @Whisker :D

Is the turning off school lane @Scribe ? can't really make it out from the satellite view.

Scribe

Site Supporter
If the Barbel show and you want to step things up a bit you're welcom to borrow one of my Barbel rods, reels, feeders, hooklengths, pellets, boilies etc @Whisker :D

Is the turning off school lane @Scribe ? can't really make it out from the satellite view.
That's good of you mate - You do know it's a match don't you ? :unsure::unsure::whistle::D:D

Best use What3Words they have mapped the globe down to 3 Metre squares can't fail with that. For anyone who is unsure about directions / the entrance for Sheldons is here ------What3Words ///twig.hologram.stumble copy & paste that into your browswer and it will show the entrance exactly.

Whisker

Site Supporter

Thanks RD, that’s a very nice gesture, top man 👍

I’ve just bought the Korum 12’ quiver with 4oz and 6oz tips, and the Korum 12’ 2lb. Also bought a Shimano 6000 reel and a few (literally) bits for the day. At some point next Saturday, I’ll be having a look at some of the more experienced guys’ set ups and writing a list for Santa… 🎅 😬

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Thanks RD, that’s a very nice gesture, top man 👍

I’ve just bought the Korum 12’ quiver with 4oz and 6oz tips, and the Korum 12’ 2lb. Also bought a Shimano 6000 reel and a few (literally) bits for the day. At some point next Saturday, I’ll be having a look at some of the more experienced guys’ set ups and writing a list for Santa… 🎅 😬

Ya don't want to look at mine, won't have any pennies left :LOL:

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just realised that I never confirmed... I shall be there to relinquish my title from the last one!

Scribe

Site Supporter
Just to let people know who haven't seen the Sheldons stretch, you may want to get in the water, so worth taking Wellys or Waders. I am used to being in the water anyway according to some on here, I should just need my usual trunks. :D:D

Scribe

Site Supporter
Any plans to meet for Breakfast before this one? @ravey likes a good fry up and needs fattening up?
I would be up for that. (y) I did look at Hardy's Farm Shop in Farndon, but I don't think it opens till 9 AM.

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
Just looked at the weather?
Not normal md weather ? Dry and sunny
But that will change by Friday 😂😂😂

The last one was really dry and sunny and into the 30 odd Celsius range, brutal 🥵

Scribe

Site Supporter
Metcheck saying 27% cloud clover at 09:00 Hrs growing to 85% by 15:00 Hrs Wind from WSW Temperature 19 Degrees. More cloud would be better. :D

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
What are our timings for the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.