Sheerwater Lake, Nr. Longleat

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Can anyone give me any info on Sheerwater Lake Nr. Longleat please we are going down that way for our holidays (end June beginning July).

I'm told it's one of the best coarse venues in the UK, is that for all species or any species in particular ??

Would love to improve on my P.B Roach, Tench, and Bream.[:T][:T]

CrunchyCaster

I think there is an article on Shearewater in one of the monthly mags..might be improve your coarse fishing, not sure.
I used to fish it many moons ago wnhen i lived in Yeovil, it was very good then and from what i gather its fantastic now. Might be worth contacting tackle shop in nearby Sherbourne or Yeovil for good info.

CrunchyCaster

Ooops, wrong venue, sorry...was thinking it was Sherbourne lake...DOH![:I]

Sheerwater was formerly known as Gasper lakes i think, one time excellent Bream venue..sorry i dont know much more.

lobwormking

Papa
Site Supporter
Try the pegs before the boat tower on the "lawn" or the shallower water further up on the same side.
You could try ringing Chris at Haines Angling on 01373853311 or Paul at Wiltshire Angling on 01225763835.
LWK

Last edited:

slappy2

lovely venue dave,mate mine fished it last week,had plenty carp,slabs the fish love food so don t worry given them some [^]!!

carp to over 20 in there big slabs and mixed fish,you got longleat few miles away aswell.

were doing centre parks again this year going be fishing here for a day or so when we do which will be nice[;)]

theres a few on here that fish it alot so more up to date info be coming yuour way[:T]

Dave,
If you would like any info on Shearwater/Lower Crockerton/Longleat,
PM me and I will give you all the info you want.[?][?]
I fish all on a regular basis.[:D][:D]
Tight lines[8D]

slappy2

its been fishin really well lot low doubles not too many 20;s!!

was at longleat saturday sons 2nd bday had look at lakes rather hot tho but wish was fishing,lol

good luck dave

Status
Not open for further replies.