sheeeeeeesh

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
How long does it take to deal with a repackaging situation?

My order was made on the 25th, it was sent via DHL on the 27th and the clowns have had it in the "repackaging department" since the 29th due to damaged packaging!

Status on Tu, 29.10.2019 19:17 hours:
The damaged shipment is being processed in the repackaging station

It's only a set of roofbars...how much damage can be caused to them?

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
My missus ordered a deluxe stick of shaving soap, from Molten Brown, for me. The order was made on the 1st of July and we have just received a message that delivery is now expected early January 2020.:(

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
When we went away a large order was placed with Asda to be delivered to the holiday house late afternoon, the day we were arriving.
The lass who ordered it got a message to say the delivery was delayed and would be delivered between 2:30 and 3:30AM :eek:

A couple of phone calls followed and they drafted in an extra driver and it was delivered at 9:30pm

62tucker

Site Supporter
When we went away a large order was placed with Asda to be delivered to the holiday house late afternoon, the day we were arriving.
The lass who ordered it got a message to say the delivery was delayed and would be delivered between 2:30 and 3:30AM :eek:

A couple of phone calls followed and they drafted in an extra driver and it was delivered at 9:30pm
They weren’t driving up from your place to Scotland I hope

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Strewth @Trogg I spent 25 years working in export packing of machines & equipment and for one major client alone we would have packed 80 -90 full trailers/ containers of machines in 6 days. Bearing in mind I am talking making & packing machines in timber bases & cases here, not cutting & taping some plastic sheet with internal sheet roll protection/bubblewrap, especially something that can be lifted by hand and doesn't need an overhead crane.

Gwillim

How long does it take to deal with a repackaging situation?

My order was made on the 25th, it was sent via DHL on the 27th and the clowns have had it in the "repackaging department" since the 29th due to damaged packaging!

Status on Tu, 29.10.2019 19:17 hours:
The damaged shipment is being processed in the repackaging station

It's only a set of roofbars...how much damage can be caused to them?

@Trogg don't you realise how long it takes to find something that you have no idea where it is, when it arrived, who dealt with it, where it came from or even what it is or where it is supposed to be going? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Strewth @Trogg I spent 25 years working in export packing of machines & equipment and for one major client alone we would have packed 80 -90 full trailers/ containers of machines in 6 days. Bearing in mind I am talking making & packing machines in timber bases & cases here, not cutting & taping some plastic sheet with internal sheet roll protection/bubblewrap, especially something that can be lifted by hand and doesn't need an overhead crane.

I had a mate who's job was to unpack the engine crates going into Dormans, my old shed, my mums shed and my neighbour were all made out of inch thick tar coated tongue and groove boards from those crates :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not more roof bars ! Why not just bring the trailer ?

Might not need the extra space it's one of those "just in case" jobs, why book and pay for the trailer (BTW did i tell you i got rid of that little thing...only got a couple of big ones now including a nice big double axle one which will make an ideal boat trailer ;)

@kevin o connor the roof bars are FOR the trailer!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'm actually having a set of bars made for the trailer tent, it's got mounting points for luggage bars but i can't find any so i've asked one of the companies on site to make me some ..erm, when i get around to doing the measurements :oops::oops:

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Might not need the extra space it's one of those "just in case" jobs, why book and pay for the trailer (BTW did i tell you i got rid of that little thing...only got a couple of big ones now including a nice big double axle one which will make an ideal boat trailer ;)
No you didn't but now that you have I must remember to hide the boats at my mates gaff, just in case ! lol