shearwater

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejnr

fished shearwater 2 weekends on the trot..had 100lb plus of bream on both trips on the feeder with corn on the hook fishing the road side..brilliant fishing [:D]

hemphead2

hemphead2
i'll have some of that,cant beat a ton of slabs.

Last edited:

slappy2

lets hope fishing the same when down start october!!!

only bringing feeder wag rods keep pole at home,bring plenty groundbait corn better not take maggots mrss kill me if got in car,lol

parcan31

Born again md'er
absolutely great water fished it several times ,the method feeder works well there

slappy2

looking forward fishing it what baits do i need??

normal baits ie pellet corn good fishmeal base groundbaits

Originally posted by slappy2

looking forward fishing it what baits do i need??

normal baits ie pellet corn good fishmeal base groundbaits
Maggot feeder/luncheon meat/active8 boilies/6mm shellfish boilies all will all give a good return[:)]
Hope this helps.
Tight lines

Last edited:

quivertip

phil
slappy, worm works well there as does red maggot on the g/bait feeder, you will get a few carp and tench as well..
i always fish the roadside bank, just my preference, no doubt as buck taylor said the other side fishes just as good...

slappy2

cause stayin at centre parks down there worried about keepin maggots ya see and nearest tackle shop was in frome centre near the garage unsure if still open tho!

may bring some dead maggots some worms see how it goes,going bt start october so can see them baits working ok!!

so its not a pole venue then anyone had any joy fishing that there?

cheers guys about info

Originally posted by slappy2

cause stayin at centre parks down there worried about keepin maggots ya see and nearest tackle shop was in frome centre near the garage unsure if still open tho!

may bring some dead maggots some worms see how it goes,going bt start october so can see them baits working ok!!

so its not a pole venue then anyone had any joy fishing that there?

cheers guys about info
Slappy,
Don't bother with a pole. It's a big expanse of water.
Gets really rough when windy.
Try Lower Crockerton if thats the case.
A small lake next door, on a lower level
It's a 3 rod venue (2 licenses) no nuts,peas etc.
You will net most species, Carp,Roach,Bream,Perch.
8 day ticket.
One of the most prolific waters in the area.
Enjoy[:)]

parcan31

Born again md'er
i have fished the pole there but feeder is the way forward,there is some really good roach to be had though

slappy2

its ok mate going with feeder use the mould preston feeder system me thinks!

going use a good mixed fishmeal groundbait soften micro pellet,as gear going be in car at centre parks all be safe and sound insured,lol
will bring both feeder rods made up can you use keepnets or just only at matches?? only won t bring them more space!!

whats the average size slabs then and take it barbless hooks like most?

Slappy,
Hope this helps[?][?][?][?]
Shear Water Lake, Crockerton (Nr Warminster)

Extending to some 37 acres, Shear Water Lake offers some of the finest fishing available in Britain, in a site of outstanding beauty. Completely surrounded by mature trees and bushes, Shear Water is without doubt one of the most scenic fishing spots in the country and its massive head of quality fish makes it extremely popular.

The Estate took Shear Water back in hand in the late 1980s and the fishery has now developed into one of the countrys top venues. The Lake holds a big head of carp from 2lb to 26lb providing excellent sport for the specimen and pleasure anglers. The lake also boasts a huge head of bream which produce bags regularly over 50lb. Quality roach, perch, tench and rudd are in profusion making Shear Water a truly mixed fishery. In 2002, 15 new carp were introduced to the lake, weighing in at 15-18lbs. A yearly stocking programme of young, fast growing carp is also in place.

Shear Water Lake Only - Shearwater all day ticket pegs are now available to fish on a 24 hour ticket.
Pike fishing available from 3rd March to 31st March 2010

Prices:
Day ticket (07:00hrs - 19:00hrs)
Adults - 8 per person
Senior Citizens - 4 per person (must be in possession of concession license)
Juniors - 1 rod 4 per person / 2 rods 8 per person (must be in possession of a junior rod licence)
Night fishing (24 hours) 15 per person
Spectators (1 per paying angler) 5 each

Status
Not open for further replies.