shearwater longleat!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappy2

going to centre parks again october going bring gear give shearwater ago for the day any help be great ie feeder only or pole good not bringing carp gear match gear do me[;)]

thanks slaps[:T]

hugo123

feeder fishing is best approach. Best areas are either the first few swims along the roadside or the dam wall area. I wouldn't bother going down to the shallower area at the end of the lake because the deeper area produces the best fishing.

bring a lot of bait because the bream shoals are big and will move on quickly! Ive had good sessions with balls of vitalin catapulted out and fishing the groundbait feeder with corn or maggot. corn will produce the bigger bream to about 6LB and usually you will catch some carp because there are loads of them in there and they give great sport of bream gear... the roach are good aswell and down the dam wall area you got a chance for a tench (not many are caught at shearwater...in 4 years of fishing there ive only had the 1 at 5LB)

It is one of the nicest places to fish in the country I think and offers awesome sport! if you want piece and quiet like me I advise going on the roadside or fishing midweek!

slappy2

cheers buddy!!!
sounds like leave pole home then : - )
get me feeder gear out with bait thats fine got shed loads think may spod load out bring bit carp gear and fish feeder on top like ya say!
what time can ya start fishing and do ya need to get a ticket first??

thanks for help james

hugo123

I think from october the day ticket is 8am to 5pm (if you are set up before 8am then you get charged the price of a 24hour ticket)

you just pay on the bank and it is 8 a day for 2 rods.

slappy2

ok nice one fella!!!

looking forward to it is pellet up in the water any good

Status
Not open for further replies.