She

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I didn't think the outcome was being announced by the supreme court until this afternoon?

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
I didn't think the outcome was being announced bgy the supreme court until this afternoon?
If that is the case,I must have mis heard the news this morning,🙁 and please delete thread,ta

Last edited:

Chervil

Site Supporter
Or maybe not. I must admit, I thought she would have been allowed back in and then, no matter what the outcome, there would have been a big human rights case about not sending her back.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Rejected and comprehensively too. There should be no coming back from this point.

Cue the bleedin' hearts brigade, but as they said on the radio this morning, she shows no remorse for her actions and beliefs. It's difficult to be sympathetic in this situation and I believe it sends out a strong message to anyone else contemplating a similar move.

baldpaul

Site Supporter
Its a pity they weren't so strict on the others that have already returned.
That’s my take, I believe there are far worse than her that’ve returned.
I wouldn’t want her back but I think we all know this is heading toward appeal after appeal after appeal all funded by the taxpayer and ultimately her return to these shores. She’s got nothing to lose and neither have her lawyers so they’ll just keep chipping away. Economic jihad?.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
That’s my take, I believe there are far worse than her that’ve returned.
I wouldn’t want her back but I think we all know this is heading toward appeal after appeal after appeal all funded by the taxpayer and ultimately her return to these shores. She’s got nothing to lose and neither have her lawyers so they’ll just keep chipping away. Economic jihad?.
Genuine question - I've had a quick Google and can't find the answer... Can you appeal a UK Supreme Court decision? Previously, I imagine you could potentially have gone to the European Supreme Court... but where could you appeal to?

baldpaul

Site Supporter
I don’t know mate, it was a “gut” feeling type of post rather than a researched one.
I just don’t think that she or her lawyers will give up, no matter what, why would they?.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Genuine question - I've had a quick Google and can't find the answer... Can you appeal a UK Supreme Court decision? Previously, I imagine you could potentially have gone to the European Supreme Court... but where could you appeal to?
1614346918034.png

From their own website. The Supreme Court is the ultimate appeal court - you only end up there after you've exhausted a normal appeal. So, in theory, this is the last option.

There may be a higher court (House of Lords, the Queen maybe) but I suspect these are more of a traditional thing. The Supreme Court has ruled, that's pretty much it, I believe.