Shawfields Lakes in Hampshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beebs

Has anybody fished Shawfields Lakes near Aldershot. I'm a returning angler after a break of about 12 years and I'm a bit wound up. I've had a look at the place and it looks a lovely little pond. Just would like to know if it fishes good as well?

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
sorry Beebs, don't know it at all, just thought i would welcome you to the site. Welcome back to angling.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Beebs

Thanks Geoff. Made the decision to return a couple of months ago and have found it's all changed quite significantly. Would have been quite daunting but I'm relying on my ignorance and ability to ask stupid questions to get me through!!! This Shawfields is one of a few different fisheries on the same permit and they all look quite good, but it was the scenery at this particular lake was the thing that made my mind up that I need to sit in the mud in the rain, wind and cold when I'm not being miserable in work.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Good thing about this site is you can ask as many stupid questions as you like, only don't be surprised at the stupid answers from Ziptrev, Toma, Norm, Teepee, Ray, Waxlion, Esox, Dave, Stu and Uncle Tom Cobley and all, not forgetting me of course.

Hope you get really involved and manage to come to a meet in the future.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

Beebs

It seems that this Shawfields might be quite a well kept secret by the look of it. Which is excellent for me (a bit selfish but it really is a beautiful lake). I'll take some piccies with my diggy cam and post them up in here to prove it. I'll report back next week to let you know how it fishes. I've heard that among the usual supspects there are crucians and pike in there, 2 species I've never caught. So the plan is to catch a couple of crucians and bang them out as livebait for some pike. ONLY KIDDING!!!!!
I'm gonna get the pike and use them as livebait for the crucians.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Beebs and welcome on board

Here's a contact number for you if you want to ring first:

Shawfields Lake, Farnborough, Hants. Contact: 01252 543470

Looking forward to the pics,

Regards, Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.