Shallow waggler fishing

Dusty

Fishing a match next week at a venue that contains an enormous amount of Ide.
I’m not massively confident fishing shallow long on the pole due to the weight of my current pole.
Is the waggler likely to bring as many bites as the pole when fished shallow?

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
Shouldn't be too much or a problem its busy fishing. can be hard to hit bites when shallow fishing which makes the pole a great way to fish as you can just drop your bait back in. having said that the fish can be wary with the pole over there head and often people set up a waggler for this scenario when the fish back off out of pole range.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Can be a good method for many species Dusty, Feeding key (maggots for me) and varying depths to keep up or down with the fish. Little tip, keep the routine and amounts regular after finding what they want and settling into it, then break the routine with no feed, i have found with many species it can bring a bigger stamp of fish all of a sudden. Also, caster may work for them, this may, as with other species pick out the larger ones. Only thing going against your plan i feel, may be the time of year/water temps.

Gwillim

Nice little video this of Autumn fishing on the wag and catching Ide, its not specifically about fishing for ide or on a match but could give you some ideas

Kojak

Fishing a match next week at a venue that contains an enormous amount of Ide.
I’m not massively confident fishing shallow long on the pole due to the weight of my current pole.
Is the waggler likely to bring as many bites as the pole when fished shallow?
Have a look at the Cadence videos filmed at Stonebridge both show how to catch Chub and Ide shallow

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I hope you have good weather for it but, if not, consider a slow sinking bomb and continually spray 6 to 10 maggots over the top every cast. Good luck ?