Shallow elastic

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
What’s everyone’s choices for F1 Upto mixed carp 6lb .. I use hydro for everything usually but thought about the NG elastics for the short F1 kits

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
For F1 shallow fishing I use orange or blue hydro through short kits..it deals with odd carp ... for carp fishing shallow I personally wouldn’t use short kits, I prefer white hydro through a long kit ... sometimes they really tear off , and I find not enough elastic through short kits, for carp 6lb plus

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
Ng pink for general
Ng black if fish are 5lb plus
Fished shalla with both, depends on stamp of fish

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
NG ultra core blue, yellow if smaller f1 microbore grey is a great elastic. always on pullas

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
Nick re numbered his range versus the Matrix slik as he felt they fished lighter than stated so his 12-14 was a Matrix 14-16 and so on.
Personally (and to be clear it is only personal) I still think they fish a bit lighter than Nick rates them.

My go to is the 14-16 blue which I think is nearer 14 than 16 and fishes like preston 13 hollo without either the cost or weight in the pole.
So far I also think it out lasts hollow elastic.

All I buy is this stuff now and as elastic is used up and kits replaced this is all I will fit, it does everything I need it to

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
To add some balance I also have some KND orange, green and red and all fish fantastically and I would replace without hesitation but slik, ultra core call it what you like is akin to original solid elastics with hollow type performance and is now my preferred choice.

Total

Site Supporter
@Anglingman .....Hello Roy, Happy New Year mate. I concur with your above findings with Nick's 'Ultra Core'. Have been using it from the first time since it's been available and ticks all the right boxes for my use.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
@Anglingman .....Hello Roy, Happy New Year mate. I concur with your above findings with Nick's 'Ultra Core'. Have been using it from the first time since it's been available and ticks all the right boxes for my use.
And a happy new year to you too m8, must get out together sometime this year