Shallow elastic choice

Dusty

I’m after an elastic for summer shallow carp fishing, most of the venues our club fish have carp averaging between 3lb and 8lb with the odd smaller fish and the odd bigger one as well.
I’m pretty content with my elastic choices for fishing on the deck for carp and silvers but I’m scratching my head a bit on the shallow side of things.
A common piece of advice is to fish a lighter elastic shallow do the fish exit the swim and I’ve seen numerous videos and articles with top anglers using elastics such as 6-9 or similar for shallow fishing but having used a number 11 shallow last year and getting run ragged I’m not overly confident with this approach.

What elastic would you recommend for this type of fishing? I’m looking at 13h but it seems to go against a lot of advice from the top anglers.

JLK

They currently do both now. The white above and the teal mentioned in a previous post are hollow. I use black KND for shallow open water carp fishing and the yellow 9-12 for F1s in summer on the venues I fish. White however is also a good compromise as I find you can set it a bit tighter and it behaves similar to black or have it just so it retracts back into the top kit for smaller carp/bigger f1s. Again.. on the venues I fish it is perfect. On yours. It might not be. The white would be a good starting point though.

Coxey70

Anything carp related I’d use a normal top kit not a short top kit like the Daiwa F1 kits. last year I used the Matrix orange Slik which was good and had really good sessions with the Middy yellow Reactacore. This year I’m trying something new to me daiwa grey hydro to see what that’s like.