shakspeare power play 13m

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby

For some reason over the last few weeks, i seem to be coming across adverts, conversations, etc, etc, saying how impressed people are with this pole by shakespeare. Can anyone deter me from this purchase for 275 ( complete with 3*power top2 & 1*match top3 ). Is it to good to be true, or is it not all what its cracked up to be ?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Bobby,
First of all,Welcome to the Forums [:D]

Now this pole,I haven't seen the Power Play myself,but i would suggest you find a tackle dealer that has one in stock and have a good look at it. Compere it with some other poles in the price range and see what you think,
Have a look at the Shimano Technium and a Maver Grim Reaper before you make up your mind,and any others that are available in your price range.Make sure you are sitting on a tackle box when you try them as it is impossible to judge weight & balance of a pole standing up.
Anymore questions feel free to ask [:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

MALC

Bobby

Also check out the cost of spare kits and sections as unless Shaky have changed the spares could be VERY costly.

I had the original SuperTeam 14mt pole (1200 when bought) and about 8 or so years ago i broke the number 5 section and by that time the pole was down to 499 but the cheapest replacement section was 300[:0]

Needless to say i never replaced the section but bought a new Maver instead as it worked out cheaper.

Personally that finished me with Shaky.

The first thing i do when looking at poles now is check all the prices for spares and kits.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING

Status
Not open for further replies.