Shakespeare Superteam Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammo

Well on Saturday I went to Fosters and got the Superteam Power after trying a few of their poles.

Tried it against a few pole's in the price range from 400 - 700 and at 13m & 14.5m it was on par with poles at the highest of the range. It was supprisingly very stiff. At 16m it gets heavy but on the rare occasion that i will use it at 16m it wont need to be used much. Went for the shakespeare over the the likes of Diawa SR4 and Sensas because at 13m & 14.5m they were very much the same and the Superteam was alot cheaper.

As you will probably know Fosters are doing the Superteam Power for 525 this comes with 3 power top 2 kits, 3 match top 3 kits, cupping kit, and Half extension.

For a bit extra you can get the Shakespeare box but i managed to get the Matchbox S Class 2 box for 230 so went with that.

Took the pole out yesterday and fished at 13m all day for roach and bream. Pole handled very well and the finish on the pole is great.
Tried the pole at 16m fishing shallow for roach and hooked the odd carp which the pole coped very well with.

Would be happy to use the pole for carp bagging. But i mainly fish canals and rivers.

Anyone in the market for a pole in this range should definatley give it a go.

dave brittain 1

jammo.

The pole is very good and surprising stiff which is a point that has surprised many anglers. I use mine when I don't want to risk my match pole.

Like you say up to 14.5m it is a very good pole and although it does go a little bit at 16m it it is still very fishable and is surprisingly stiff for a carp pole.

I think that the power label on many poles is misjudged because it is a very versatile pole which I'd be more than happy to use for silvers especially on rivers where you often throw the pole around a bit.

Apart from the selling price, the price of the spares is also very reasonable with a power kit being less than 30, a match top three is less than 50 and a No 4 section is less than 40. This IMO makes the pole very competitive in what is a very difficult sector of the market.

Last edited by a moderator:

PoDd

I've seen this pole advertised and wondered how it compares to the MAP TKS40 which seems to be a favorite in this price range?

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
I agree the Map TKS40 looks a cracking(pardon the pun)piece of kit

bb bone

I too heard the tks40 was an outstanding pole at the price point,and had to go and have a look after reading good reviews.I got sat on a box and at 13m it was not good at 14.5m-16m it was awful,heavy unbalanced and not very stiff at all.The sr4 was much better but will have to have a look at the superteam now,cheers for putting up the post never even gave the superteam a thought

Top Bagger

i have two of the old shaky superteam poles and think they are brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.