Shakespeare Superteam LXL 13-17ft

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
This is my first 'stick float' rod I have owned and after getting it for a bargain price from a kind forum member, many thanks for that, and now having used it a few times I thought it best I give it a review.

I have used it for waggler fishing at 13ft and stick float fishing at both lengths on both the Severn and Worcs Stour and to say I’m happy with it is an understatement.

I have used it for hooklengths down to 0.10 so far and feel I could easily go lower as it is very light actioned and handles even bigger Chub with ease as the soft action cushions all the blows, as well as being nice and crisp making catching even small fish great fun.

It is obviously harder work to use at 17ft but still a joy to use. Previous reviews I’ve read have said it’s better at it’s short length but I think it’s just as good at 17ft. It’s so good that any thoughts of needing another rod for my river float fishing have gone out the window.

I hopefully plan to use it again this evening at 17ft on the Severn should my windscreen replacement guy come in time for me to be able to go.

(y)

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I had four ‘decent’ Chub on the 17’ yesterday evening and it’s good at that length for steering the fish away from the inside bank snags. Another thing is, the rod plays the fish, not the clutch. I was fishing 0.10 hooklength with the clutch set light and the rod does all the work.

Rick123

Site Supporter
I've a 16' model sitting in my loft, I must get it out again and give it a try, or is it 15' MUST LOOK!!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Be interesting to see what you think of it @Rick123 as you have used other rods if I'm right so have more to compare it to than me, but for me it's a revelation, I think if I ever did get another 'stick float' rod I'd be looking for a 17ft one as I like the extra control you get.