Shakespeare Superteam 11/12/13ft feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave brittain 1

I've been using this rod since April and it is without a doubt the best feeder rod I've used.

With three seperate butts you can fish the rod at 11ft, 12ft or 13ft depending on what range you need to cast. The rod is superb at all lengths and will handle anything from light bomb work at close range to throwing a medium/light method feeder 60-70 yds.

The rod has a lovely forgiving parabolic action with plenty of backbone in the middle section, (see the article, "the conker or the dogs boll#cks" in the August edition of Match Fishing to see the action of the rod).

My only complaint about the rod was that the lightest tip was not soft enough for very light bomb work however Shakespeare have now introduced out a very light tip, (available seperately), to make this rod an awsome light bomb rod. If you can't get hold of the Shakespeare tips, the Reactolite No 1 tip fits as if it's made for the rod, (the rods aren't the same as Shakespeare make their rods in their own factory).

Whether you're fishing for roach, skimmers or carp to double figures on commercials this rod will do it all. It's not a rod for fast flowing rivers, however for commercials and slow moving waters it's superb and considering you can pick one of these up at around 120 it's a very good buy.

nrayner

Got to agree. There has been mention of this rod on other threads and it's true, it's by far the best general feeder rod available.

When I was in Redditch a few months ago I tried to get hold of the extra soft tip direct from the Shakespeare HQ,as the availability had been metioned before. However none there had heard of it - Are you sure that Shakespeare have made one?

Last edited by a moderator:

neil.boro

what would it be like for river bream at about 30 yards? any idea what the mach 3 11,6 is like?

dave brittain 1

Neil.

The super light tip 1/2 oz has just come out and it may be that some of the staff in the factory may not be aware that one has been developed, however the reactolite No 1 tip also fits if you can't get hold of the Shakespeare one and it's as fine as any glass tip you will find on a wand.

Neil the rod is superb for bream and if you're looking for a rod for Yarm it would be ideal as long as there's not a lot of water in. If you see Rambo he's probably got them in the shop, he also does the reactolite tips.

dave brittain 1

Here's an update on the rod.

I've now used it for everything from commercial work, (anything from the straight lead to the method (using a small/medium method feeder), to light line skimmer fishing and chub fishing on the Wye and the rod has performed flawlessly. The action is superb. See below:

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum/uploaded/Top Dog/200711710365_Superteam rod action.jpg

bondy275

Top Dog or anyone

Would you recommend this rod for bream fishing 50 yards + with braid?

And if so what knot would you use for joining the braid to a mono leader as the rings are only small on the end section.

Gary

dave brittain 1

gary.

It's a superb rod that will cast to about 70 yds with a medium loaded feeder. I don't use it with braid as I feel that braid offers very little advantage over some of the modern low stretch mono's, however I'd use a water knot and make sure that you leave the tags about 1.5 ins long.

You may also find that most of the higher end rod ring diameters aren't suitable for braid as most tip sections have reasonably low diameter rings

dave brittain 1

See http://www.matchfishingmagazine.com/Videos/category_5/video_52/ to see the rod in action

Status
Not open for further replies.