Shakespeare super team feeder rod 12ft

mimississ

Site Supporter
Eyup lads I've just picked up a 1980/1990s... Shakespeare super team 12ft feeder rod still got the selaphane on the Cork butt and totally unused... It has the spliced in tip instead of the push in quiver tips.... Was this the bream rod of the decade all them years ago??.. It certainly looks and feels it would do the job nicely...

Simon R

Site Supporter
Difficult to say
Shakespeare reused the 'Superteam' brand many many times over the years
Whats the actual model number - should be somewhere on the butt section.
I think it's more likley to be a 90s model and would have had some stiff competition - especially from the likes of the Daiwa Amorphous.

Simon

mimississ

Site Supporter
Yeah I remember the amourphous rods.. I had the waggler and stick versions... The number on the butt of my super team feeder is 1856-360...i think it's from the 90s...if I remember right you could buy 2 of these for the price of one amourphous.. LOL... Still a nice rod to use for my bream fishing...

Simon R

Site Supporter
The rod is listed in the 1992 catalogue - it wasn't 'NEW' that year so was presumably released a year or two earlier.

The description in the catalogue is as follows:
'This superb range of rods in 11.5, 12 & 13ft evolved after fierce design and testing by the Superteam. Wayne Swinscoe has used it extensively and is convinced that this range covers all medium to heavy duty feeder fishing needs.
Long distance feeder fishing on rivers like the Trent or Severn is usually hard work but as Wayne has successfully proved these rods go a long way to making it easy.
The slim, translucent blue blank is fitted with a quality carbon quiver tip, lined rings throughout and a neat cork handle and has a casting capability of 3oz. Being of narrow diameter, the blank helps control casting in really windy conditions.'

The technical spec for the 1856-360 is 12 feet long, 3 piece, 6.5oz with a B30 action and an RRP of a penny less than £90

So it was up against the Amorphous and the newly released Connoisseur range - although as you correctly pointed out it was half the price.

Simon