Shakespeare rucksack chair

buygoodtackle

I have one and have used it over 5 years now for short sessions or sessions with long walks. You do need to get a flatish surface to make it stable and the seat can be uncomfy on the thighs with the metal bar at the front of the stool but I use an unhooking mat on top of the seat and that works fine. Plenty of room for tackle and flask/food/etc..

Reuben

Site Supporter
I’ve had one & thought it a waste of money. A pain in the hoop to carry & poor seat unless, as stated above, a flat surface to put the stool on. Some swear by them though…….

Browner

Site Supporter
I have the chair and get on with ok. Great for roving and better than the x frame chairs without the bar only the bottom as the feet just sink into everything. The bar gives far more resistance. I have fitted an anychair attachment to mine so I can fix a small feeder arm to it when needed. The great JW used one all the time.

qtaran111

Site Supporter
I’ve got this version (without backpack) and couldn’t get on with it. A liability on uneven ground, too low and somehow feels heavier than it looks. I think when roving, chair = magnet to stay in same swim too long. Horses for courses 🤷‍♂️

Kettlebell

Site Supporter
I have one, but, without the backrest. Okay for short 2-3 hour sessions and then, as, stated the metal bars will start to cut into your backside. Very portable and easy to carry as a rucksack. I use mine primarily for canal sessions, where, I could have to walk quite a distance from the car.

trotter2

I have one, but, without the backrest. Okay for short 2-3 hour sessions and then, as, stated the metal bars will start to cut into your backside. Very portable and easy to carry as a rucksack. I use mine primarily for canal sessions, where, I could have to walk quite a distance from the car.
You can put a cushion on the top or just turn the bag to the side so the bar is nor digging in your legs.

qtaran111

Site Supporter
BTW @Jimpanzee if you’re ever down in London and want it (free, collect) it’s yours.
F5B0AA2A-C204-4A22-AFA1-E8FBD4B9B478.jpeg