Shakespeare Mach 3 Reel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob a

Cheers Silverman - just received the reel this morning feels v nice. Also had a play with one at the weekend for a short while - a mate was fishing with one and I had a few chucks. Reckon I got a bargain at 38 inc 5 postage at devon angling centre (excellent service as well!)

Last edited by a moderator:

jonesr

RichTaylor,If you have problems with the line clip,use an elastic band on the spool.(Tight)[:T]

Ron J

silverman

Originally posted by rob a

Cheers Silverman - just received the reel this morning feels v nice. Also had a play with one at the weekend for a short while - a mate was fishing with one and I had a few chucks. Reckon I got a bargain at 38 inc 5 postage at devon angling centre (excellent service as well!)

My mate was so impressed with the package he asked me to get him one[:D]

scuba diver

i bougt a mach3 reel sent it back due to the line clip cutting thru the line i cant chance it when i am match fishing

sisco

I have 3 Mach 3's and they've been excellent reels, I use mine clipped up for feeder fishing on commercials with no problems - but I have noticed the fist one I bought had a triangular line clip which was next to useless but the other 2 newer reels have an oval clip which I can't fault.
It sounds like you might have one of the early ones scuba diver.

Tom3693

these are a great reel for the price i use mine for river feeder fishing i give it a 10/10

KenM

hmmm, I have a rear drag 4000, and I am a little dissapointed, I find the clutch a little sticky and the bale arm doesn't like to click over sometimes, maybe I am just unlucky...

dave brittain 1

Ken

If you haven't had the reel for long and you haven't dropped or damaged it, send it back to Shakespeare by Royal Mail, (make sure you keep your receipt for proof of despatch), with a letter explaining the problems and ask them to look at the reel for you. If it's a manufacturing fault it should be repaired FOC

mick@campus.ie

Hi,

was just reading thread with interest - getting back into fishing after a long while out and am looking for a good feeder reel.

Living in lreland I want it for bream roach rudd etc on medium distances lake approx 40 yards out, river and also some waggler work - would this reel do the job for both as you get a selection of spools? I was think of going for the 035 model or would the 040 be the better option

Any help appreciated

dave brittain 1

Mick.

For feeder work go for the 040 model. I've been using mine for bagging on commercials and heavy feeder work on the Wye since they came out and they're still going strong without any signs of wear to date

silverman

Mick
The 040 is spot on for the feeder and also will do the job of a float reel.[:T]

hemphead2

hemphead2
does anyone find the rear drag a bit sticky/jerky. I tend not to use it for fear of hook pulls and back wind instead.I use the 4000 size for feeder work with 3-5lb hook lengths. Anyone got any opinions on the rear drag.

Lee B.

Same here, I have the 035 rear drag. It started to feel abit sticky so I sent it off to Shakespear and for about 10/12 they serviced it and it felt much better. I won a Carptec 30 rd which I think has a better drag and now use this in place of the Mach 3.

hemphead2

hemphead2
The paints coming off mine now,i wish i wasn't so tight and spent the extra on a shimano[:(][:(!]

dave brittain 1

Hemphead is the paint peeling or has it been chipped off, if it's peeling try sending it back with a letter and if it's a manufacturing fault they may replace it for you.

If it's user abuse you only have your self to blame. I've had mine since they first came out and they've not missed a beat and there are no signs of paint damage although I do look after my reels.

tworodsjackson

Just had a 040 delivered - seems to be a nice reel and at 40 delivered a superb package for the price.

Originally posted by hemphead2

The paints coming off mine now,i wish i wasn't so tight and spent the extra on a shimano[:(][:(!]

My Shimanos look a bit tatty now after plenty of use - I wish I had not been so extravagant and bought cheaper reels instead. [;)]

slab-man

Bought the front drag 035 model when they first came out. Very good value and good build quality for the price, however there are a few minor problems-
* The washers get stuck in the spools when changing which is a problem on the bank
* Line capacity is way off, takes a bit getting used to
* Clips a bit dodgy, recommend using the bait band method.

Still a very good bit of kit, ideal for starting off.[:T]

Johnagall

Dogs *******s in my opinion lads. Got 2 400 fd's.

Really love them and i consider myself to be hard to please. Good rods in the Mach 3 range too.

ATF

What about the shimano exage 4000fb for 10 more than the mach3....? have the exage 2500's for light work and they are great, looking the muts-nuts also!

hemphead2

hemphead2
Originally posted by tworodsjackson

Just had a 040 delivered - seems to be a nice reel and at 40 delivered a superb package for the price.

Originally posted by hemphead2

My Shimanos look a bit tatty now after plenty of use - I wish I had not been so extravagant and bought cheaper reels instead. [;)]
lol[:T][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.