Shakespeare Mach 3 Reel

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuangler

Just won one of these reels in Angling Times as I was lucky enough to be chosen as a "Weekly Winner" in the Your Pics Section.
Looks like a very classy piece of kit. 4 spools/two handles/spins like a dream. Can't wait to give it a go, hopefully this weekend.

By the way,this is my first post as I am new to the site.

paulvis69

Well done, to be honest I bought one last year when I was on holiday in devon, not a bad little reel.

I now keep it for a spare, however these are not a patch on the preston pxr's, however damn good for free....!

Last edited by a moderator:

silverman

Welcome to the site stu [:W]
I also have just got the shakespeare mach 3 reel and so far im very happy with it.
Not as lucky as yourself as i had to hand over 40 bit it was still a lot cheaper than shop price [;)]

Just realised after reading your profile we fish the same venue [:D]

Last edited:

LittleTinca

The preston pxr's are very average too and not in the same class as the Spro red arc or Daiwa TDR. All said and done the Mach 3 is still a decent reel and fit for purpose

dave brittain 1

I've used the mach 3 front drag 040 reels since they came out for all my feeder and straight lead work. To date they've coped with everything I've thrown at them and are still running strong. Previously I've had several top of the range models by other manufacturers that haven't lasted or worn as well so so far, so good.

At the asking price you can't go wrong as the line lay is suberb and the four spools plus the reel case make it an exceptional buy.

jaypeegolf

I bought an 025 model and was rather surprised when it arrived at it's size! It was like a 'toy reel' so I exchanged it for an 030 which was much better.

It's a very compact reel but none the worse for it.
I'm very pleased with my two 030's

JP

hemphead2

hemphead2
i got the 4000 size ,rear drag for distance feeder fishing and i certainly can get the feeder a few more yards with the wide spools on the mach 3. I am well impressed with it.

anytackle

I would highly recommend these reels as they are great value for the money.

RichTaylor

Mach 3 reels are very good. The only thing wrong with them is the clip. If you aren't carefull it can cut through the line when you un clip the line.

pondlife

Bought an 035 front drag early last year and it coped with whatever it was asked to do so....

Bought a second one at the weekend.. same size same model... [:T][:T][:T]

8 Spools ... 2 reels....added bonus is I can leave the spool on made up rods and just move the reels around to suit... [:)][:)]

All in all for the package these reels are well worth the price tag....[:T][:)][:)]

mark bradley

i did the same as you pond life i used 035 all last season for pellet wag and feeder was so impressed just bought another one last week was going to buy shimano but for the money you cant go wrong with the mach 3 . :eek:)

hemphead2

hemphead2
I use the 4000 size for distance feeder fishing for bream it has a nice wide spool that aids casting and cant fault it.[:)]Inever had any problems with the clip.

Last edited:

pondlife

I toyed with the idea of an 040 hemphead but as i already have the 035 then it made sense to get another as the spools will be interchangeable.
Still impressed whichever way you look at it.... [:)][:)][:)][:)]

hemphead2

hemphead2
I think the prices of this reel has gone up lately as i paid 53 for the 4000 {rrp59}

TonyT

Paul's Angling supplies (on E bay )are selling The mach 3 040 for 45.98 including delivery deliver (2 days)

silverman

Originally posted by TonyT

Paul's Angling supplies (on E bay )are selling The mach 3 040 for 45.98 including delivery deliver (2 days)

I got a 4000 front drag for 40 with free p&p on ebay[;)]
Bloke only does the 3500 & 4000's.

jonnyb1984

if anyone lives in worcestershire area. fishing tackle shop (dont want to name due to advertising rules etc etc) in redditch is a stockist of shakespeare and dirt cheap . 10% discount aswell if you are a member of an angling club. bonus.
i think the new range of shakespeare is fantastic especially the top end range and relatively cheap in comparison to other products on market. rate the mach 3 reels all day long.

rob a

Would the 035 be the right size for river waggler fishing, reasonable size chucks?

silverman

Rob i would of thought the 035 would be the right size for general float fishing.Not sure the wieght difference between that and the 040.Some anglers do use the 040 for pellet waggler aswell as the feeder.

Status
Not open for further replies.