Shakespeare Mach 3 13ft Lite Float Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrayner

I've had this rod a while now and can say that it is great for silvers. I had a session on the Teme today and whilst the fishing was slow, I manged 6 dace of 6oz to 10oz and every one gave a lovely bend to this rod. It's a bit like the Normark Microlite but a third of the price (you can pick one up for 70). Obviously not quite as slim as the Microlite but an excellent rod, nevertheless . Shakepeare have got it right again and this rod does not lock up, with plenty of backbone for larger fish if hooked. I had a chub on the Wye with it last week and the playing action put a real smile on my face.

Last edited:

hemphead2

hemphead2
i would like to have a look at this rod but cant find any around here.

Last edited by a moderator:

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
Totally with you on the Shaky rods Neil. I have the valour 13ft. The best silver rod I have ever used bar none and I have a Mach 1 that I use a lot with heavier lines for paste when tench are figuring a lot in the net.
I have a rake of far more expensive rods around the house that never see the light of day anymore. They cant compete with my Shaky,s.

hemphead2

hemphead2
i got the odessa gold for silvers. lovely rod[:D]

TheHat

Have to agree - the 'Lite' is the dog's bananas. Been catching Tench to around 5 lb. or so on the waggler and it has performed brilliantly.

The only criticism I would have is that the carry-bag is surplus to requirements (for me anyway); someone might find a use for it.

The rod is really lovely and light and I can be held all day without effort - which I did when Peter and I fished Monks recently, although it didn't get as much action as Peter's knackered old tank-aerial thing he used!

Recommended.

nrayner

Another interesting feature is the screw-off handle butt which you can replace with a supplied short butt-end to create a very short-handled rod for tight situations (so to speak!)

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
This may give a little idea of the rod's action, If I remember rightly Andy was playing an F1 of around 1lbs when I took this shot.

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forum/uploaded/Peter/2009312231717_Andy 1.jpg

hemphead2

hemphead2
the hat,where did you get your lite rod from ,i cant find one anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.