Shakespeare alpha spincast combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishfinger

just got a Shaespeare alpha spincast combo today and i had to put up a post about it.The set only cost 14.99 so anyone can afford one but the price is no reflection on the build of the 2 items,the rod is a 6 foot pistol grip rod with a stiff action to it,the reel is a closed face reel and one button on the back for casting and the clutch is on top.
I tested it in the back garden(like you do[:D])with a small shad on the end for a bit of weight and with a small flick of the rod i could easly hit the other end of the 60 foot garden,the reel was very smooth in its operation.
The wife thought i'd gone mad when she came back from shopping(nothing new there then[:D]),the i let her have a go(even though she doesn't fish)and within 2 casts she got the hang of it which put a smile on her face when she hit the tree at the bottom of the garden(now you see why i don't take her fishing[:D])

So for 15quid you can't go wrong with this set jump.gif

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
One draw back to this reel is the line capacity. If memory serves me right its 65 yards of 10lb bs. I was looking to buy one of these reels but this put me off.

chill out go fishing

Last edited by a moderator:

fishfinger

i think its about that, but for fisrt timers in lure fishing or people that don't go lure fishing very often like me then it's not to bad plus for 14.99 you can try using a baitcasting style rod to see if you like it and not the 69.99 for something like a six shooter,but saying that my back garden if 60+ foot and htere was still plenty of line on it,so thay may have changed the spec of the reel [:D]

SteVeC

Is the reel with this out fit lfet or right hand wind? My nephew wants to go lure fishing and I was looking at something like this

Cheers

SteVe

fishfinger

Hi SteVe
The reel is right hand only

Status
Not open for further replies.