Shakespear agility 2 13ft power match rod....

Trailblazer

Account Locked
At the moment i'm sat recovering from an accident and as often happens, i've been looking on the net and zig zagged my way onto ebay....as you do lol.
Anyhow, I noticed the above rod for sale and pressed the dreaded button which makes it mine. Now I have no idea what these rods are like and so I might have made a complete cock up!
I got the rod as it's rated to 8lb mainline and has a casting weight of 40grm, so should be good for casting a slider float on still waters and trotting for barbel on the river ( if it has a half decent action)....I think the rod is retailes for 133 notes and I got it for 90, so saved a few quid on the rrp at least.
Anyhow, has anyone got any experience, comments or opinions of these rods?....if so i'd be interested to hear them.
I don't expect too much of this rod at it's price point, but I once got a m8 of mine a shakey excelciour float rod at about the same price point and it was fantastic, so I may be pleasantly surprised....I hope at least.
Obviously, once the rod arrives i'll give my opinion of it on here. As soon as possible i'll get out and give it a go so I can give a propper verdict on the rod.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I didn't know there was a power version but I've heard good things about the standard version so you'd hope they'd be a similar standard.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I didn't know there was a power version but I've heard good things about the standard version

Fred Davis

I must admit as soon as I hear of any rod with the word power in it I avoid like the plague, these stepped up rods are normally overpowered and result in hook pulls and loss of fish, however lets hope this is a good purchase

Fartacus

Site Supporter
I have the power version and it's superb I use 10lb main line and 8lb bottoms for tench and carp and it does bend very nicely.