SEX change roach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott essery

'Silver man'
An interesting article off the BBC.... thought you guys may be interested.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1877000/1877162.stm

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
This is not new it first reared its ugly head a few years ago. A worrying thought though as some rivers are used to carry drinking water. So what are we drinking.

chill out go fishing

martin.

Account Locked
hi
irecall it coming to light about 3yrs ago i seem to recall the
trent , nene & ouse being the worst affected.

tight lines.
martin.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
This could be really serious, 'cos it relates to women taking the pill to ensure safe sex!

In a recent Poll it was claimed that Angling support had dropped from around 90% to 70%!

Now , If the Pollsters asked a new question.

"Do you want better Fishing, or would you prefer to keep on F-----g"

What percentage would we see then???

PS How would you vote lol?

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just thought of a new headline.

4lb Roach comes out, admits gay sex with 5lb Bream

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:
This is not new it first reared its ugly head a few years ago. A worrying thought though as some rivers are used to carry drinking water. So what are we drinking.

chill out go fishing

I thought you were told. Don't drink the water fishes have sex in it (for want of a better way of putting it on a family site)

thumbsup.gif Geoff
RSSG member - are you?

MALC

Well what can i say,
bounce.gif bounce.gif
In the report it said that men are getting less fertile these days,
and to quote Trev
quote:This could be really serious, 'cos it relates to women taking the pill to ensure safe sex!

bounce.gif bounce.gif
Point 1
Julie (the wife) just fell pregnant so fertility not down.!!
error.gif
Point 2
That will make 3 kids and she's been on the pill each time she's fell pregnant.
error.gif
Point 3
I'm going to do my bit to stop all the above problems IT'S THE CHOP.. help.gif help.gif help.gif

Malc ghost.gif ZIPPY CURSE CLUB MEMBER 001

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Had the snip done in the mid 1970s.

Only regret I have is that I was stupid and taught a first aid course the same day. Ouch, that really hurt. icon_smile_big.gif

Maybe I shouldn't mention it but I had 3 kids when they did the deed and wound up with a grand total of 9.
However, the final ones were adopted. LOL

Newt Vail

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi all.

Just a thought thinking.gif , could that explain why Ultrabite doesn't appear to work icon_smile_question.gificon_smile_big.gif

Dave

scott essery

'Silver man'
Dave

I recon there may be a few other reasons why ultra bait doesnt work... icon_smile.gif

Trogg

You are worrying me now! My girlfriend is on injections and the doc told her it was 90% reliable. That 10% didnt sound much until now! Either that or you are just Mr Love machine icon_smile.gif

Malc

How unlucky are you mate icon_smile_sad.gif So much for 50% decrease in sperm count!

Maybe i should book in to the docs now and save all the hastle. why cant life be as simple as catching minnows?

Cyprinid_boy

I'm willing to bet ten pounds of my hard earned cash that this story never appears again. People are offered thousands to undertake scientific research thus have to reach conclusions.

When reviewing hemaphroditism regarding fish there are a number of species that are, or can be, both sex. 'Synchronous' relates to those species that function as both males and females. This helps in environments where their species are few and far between. With more relevence to the story, the term 'successive' relates to a fish that can change sex at some point in it's life. Some species have only one male in the shoal. When this male dies the largest female then becomes the male to fill the niche and continue the recruitment cycle. I could go on for ever, but i wont, unless anyone is interested then just ask and i'll continue lol!!

Mat

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Consider your self asked. I'd love to hear/read more.

Newt Vail

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
All ears Mat

icon_smile_big.gif Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.