Severn

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Stalker

Hi
I live in Nottingham and i was wondering which stretch of the river Severn can i fish on day ticket which is a good spot and which is the closest we would be coming up the M1 from notts ???? .

Alan

waxlion1

Hi Stalker

Most of the lads are in Elvington near York, on the annual charity fish-in so you get lots of replies after the weekend.

Oh Welcome!

Waxlion1
fox_with_sheep_md_clr.gif

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
What areas are you looking at on the Severn?. I know of some day ticket stretches around Shrewsbury and Welshpool. pinning down an area will help on the replies

chill out go fishing

Datafile2.asp

baz.thornton

Plenty of water at Bewdley. The town stretch is Free. Go to or ring Stan Lewis's Tackle Shop for further help
Tel 01299 403358

Caught on a Pork Chop on a 22

The_Stalker

to be honest i fish the trent and this river stinks it hasnt been any good for along time so want to try a new river .I live near the M1 junction 28 (mansfield).So i want the nearest decent stretch of Severn i can fish on day ticket please.Wouldnt mind a chance of a Barbel on the stretch as well but i know im asking everything .
Thanks in advance for any replies it really helps .
P.s are the methods blockend feeder and how far out on the stretch if you tell me any [:)].

Alan

nutter

allright stalker,

theres a day ticket stretch called emstrey just outside shrewsbury and ive had some top days on there - barbel and big chub - heres some directions and pegs to go on - if you decide to go the best pegs are to your right from the car park head towards the style that says 'private water salmon fishing only' - go over the style and come back on yourself onto a large peg under the trees and cast right over to the trees on the far bank and get ready to battle some barbel!!!

enjoy

A49 Battlefield Roundabout, Shrops
Follow signs Leominster A49, Telford (A5)

A49 Junction with B5062
At roundabout take 2nd exit (signposted North Wales, Oswestry)

A5 Junction with A5
At roundabout take 2nd exit A5

B4380 Junction with A5064/B4380
at round about take 1st exit B4380

As you turn onto the B4380 heading towards Atcham you'll see a little gateway (white fence next to it) drive down there right to the bottom & turn left just before the very end shed.

You'll see the bright yellow LMS sign park in front of it & off you go.

cheers

pete

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Nutter, very restricted info on Emstrey i must say. The entrance has infact a sign saying private. Day tickets MUST be purchased before fishing. There are far more pegs holding Barbel and a few noted Bream swims to. I've found fishing into dark the best. Using a dropper to feed hemp I look for a steady comparative deep run preferably running under overhanging trees. Fish slightly down stream about 1 yes 1 rod length out. Bait, large chunks of meat. Most of my fish have come after dark and I suggest a baitrunner type reel is used the takes are SAVAGE Normal set up is 10lb bs line and an 8lb bs hook length. Just ask Trogg what the takes are like!!!!!!
Atcham about a mile down the road from Emstrey is also dy ticket.

chill out go fishing

Datafile2.asp

Last edited:

The_Stalker

Hi
Thanks for the info.Just one more thing where would i get the daytickets from its not pay a baliff on the bank then.And how popular are these pegs have i got to be there at 5 am in morning to get them .

Alan

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Emstrey is a popular venue and matches are held most weekends. Day tickets are vailable from Sundorne Tackle Sundorne road Shrewsbury. 01743 361804.
Mounford Bridge tickets available on the bank from Joy.
Atcham tickets available from Atcham stores and petrol station ( just up the road fron the bridge)
Welshpool Severn Caravan Park tickets from the house tel John Oliver 01938 580238.
I dont normaly arrive at Emstrey till about 4.00pm find a swim prebait with hemp etc. Then rest it till about 7.00pm fish till about midnight.

chill out go fishing

Datafile2.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.