Severn

carphauler

After a quiet spell after some canoeists went right over the top of my swim, another around 5lb,didn't weigh him.

20211003_165301(0).jpg

Total

Site Supporter
@Total tried the meat again, no joy, had another take at 5.30 but it bust me, headed for home then, 👍
Thank you for the update/info' much appreciated...:)(y)

Despite loosing a fish at the death you've got to well pleased with your day....A near double and a couple of decent backup fish....Very well angled....:love:(y)

carphauler

Thank you for the update/info' much appreciated...:)(y)

Despite loosing a fish at the death you've got to well pleased with your day....A near double and a couple of decent backup fish....Very well angled....:love:(y)
Thanks, yes it was good day, normally the meat works in those conditions but not today, they still want a pellet but I think that will change later on,👍

carphauler

River was around 1.5m high and all the pegs were underwater. Got the peg I wanted just before the bend at the Danery but didn't catch anything. Had one bite early on meat then nothing. It's a reminder for me that commercials soon beckon.

2021-10-03 09.48.59.jpg
Don't let a blank put you off, there's some good fishing to be had in the coming weeks, just find somewhere comfortable to fish and crack on. Conditions today were perfect for me, coloured water, just over a metre on and dropping, difficult for a lead to hold so I fish close in, don't get as much rubbish collecting on your line then aswell.
Feeding was a little difficult but it definitely helped instead of sitting on a single hookbait, 👍

Total

Site Supporter
Don't let a blank put you off, there's some good fishing to be had in the coming weeks, just find somewhere comfortable to fish and crack on. Conditions today were perfect for me, coloured water, just over a metre on and dropping, difficult for a lead to hold so I fish close in, don't get as much rubbish collecting on your line then aswell.
Feeding was a little difficult but it definitely helped instead of sitting on a single hookbait, 👍
^^ Agree they were perfect conditions, but you've still got catch 'em...(y).....I've fished the white house pegs in Bridgnorth many times and those conditions you had today, I'd always fancy my chances of a good few fish....The tackle at times needs to be a bit 'agricultural' but you don't get prizes for leaving tackle in/with fish...:(

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I've fished the white house pegs in Bridgnorth many times
Where abouts is the fishing in Bridgnorth relative to the town centre? Was there on Thursday and it looked a lively bit of river around the bridge to say the least!

Nice town btw can see why you go there. Lots of nice looking independent businesses in the old buildings. Proper den of a tackle shop as well 👍🏻

Total

Site Supporter
Where abouts is the fishing in Bridgnorth relative to the town centre? Was there on Thursday and it looked a lively bit of river around the bridge to say the least!

Nice town btw can see why you go there. Lots of nice looking independent businesses in the old buildings. Proper den of a tackle shop as well 👍🏻
Downstream from Bridgnorth bridge....A good friend of mine owns the white house and the frontage to 10 to 12 pegs, strictly by invite/recommendation only.....I've known them over 25 years and consider them family....

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Downstream from Bridgnorth bridge....A good friend of mine owns the white house and the frontage to 10 to 12 pegs, strictly by invite/recommendation only.....I've known them over 25 years and consider them family....
Ah nice gig that then! Always useful to know people like that. Thought it would be downstream as looks quite shallow upstream. Not that I could see that far through the rain 😅

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I'll be back out don't worry. Prefer it with a bit less water on than today though, about 0.7m for me. That way you can still access most pegs. I thought the fish might have shoaled up on this deep peg I was on today as it's the only peg with a visible crease on the Danery stretch but it didn't work out. I'm not sure where I'd go if levels stay as they are.

Total

Site Supporter
Ah nice gig that then! Always useful to know people like that. Thought it would be downstream as looks quite shallow upstream. Not that I could see that far through the rain 😅
I earnt that right and privilege to fish there but had fished the surrounding areas for years......The Severn is not the river it was, but good signs it maybe returning to it's best.....

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I earnt that right and privilege to fish there but had fished the surrounding areas for years......The Severn is not the river it was, but good signs it maybe returning to it's best.....
It’s harder than the nice fairly steady paced, fairly even depth, fairly stable and easy banked rivers around here that’s for sure 😅

bezzer

Site Supporter
Carl and Alex on the Severn on Rob Mitchells stretch below Bridgnorth.

Rob does guiding days if anyone is interested, top bloke.

bezzer

Site Supporter
Hi stranger you are not on here enough.
How are you getting on?
I have good days and not so good days. Struggling recently. Can't fish at the moment as I have a rotator cuff tear, probably won't be back on the bank this year.

Looks like you had a decent day out last weekend. I miss it!