Severn

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Well the weather's crappy, the Severn is bursting its banks so here's some nice summery pics to remind you of days gone by.
Lovely pictures those mate, always picks me up to see photos of the better days that were summer and autumn with all the colour and life 👍🏻 In the winter everthings just dead and brown lol

Third and fourth pictures are superb 😍

tincatim

Site Supporter
Nice photos there. I miss the Severn, used to love it as a youth, even if I didn’t really fish it properly. Roll on spring, I hate this weather!

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
@Silverfisher 4th picture summer vs winter.

20200529_115503.jpg 20200322_113252.jpg
Amazing contrast. Still looks nice there in the winter tbf, I assume it’s been a bit worse than that recently?

Was as bad flooding as I’ve seen in quite a few years here at the weekend. We had like 4 or 5 floods last winter which was the most I can remember but don’t think any got quite as high as last weeks. Although that was the first proper flood of this winter so should be grateful for that I guess, it’s had a couple goes but that was the first time it really went over properly.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
They were the days eh! Just a few more months til we are back to that I guess 🙂

Reckon there’s a half chance rivers will be fishable again before the end of the season but like you say doesn’t mean much to a lot of us if we are still restricted to staying on our doorstep 🙁

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
They were the days eh! Just a few more months til we are back to that I guess 🙂

Reckon there’s a half chance rivers will be fishable again before the end of the season but like you say doesn’t mean much to a lot of us if we are still restricted to staying on our doorstep 🙁
Yes mate, resigned to the fact that it'll be June now before I get back out.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
No mate, resigned to the fact that it'll be June now before I get back out.
Yeah I’m about 90% resigned to the same. Just hanging on to a tiny bit of hope that March might bring a slight slackening so to give us that last couple weeks. Got to have some hope to get us through things at the moment 😅

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Sorry Chaps I think I'm the Jonah that's to blame, bought some new Korum Rods last September and haven't been able use them as the Trent has been out of bounds, By the time June comes around they will have cobwebs on them...... :cry:

I keep trying to think positive, just how much we will appreciate being on the riverbank again, how special it will feel. :)

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Sorry Chaps I think I'm the Jonah that's to blame, bought some new Korum Rods last September and haven't been able use them as the Trent has been out of bounds, By the time June comes around they will have cobwebs on them...... :cry:

I keep trying to think positive, just how much we will appreciate being on the riverbank again, how special it will feel. :)
Oh it'll be good, morning mists, t shirts, river just right, cold drinks, lots of bites, maybe I'm a dreamer 😂