Severn

bezzer

I've seen more Kingfishers on the Severn this year than any other year. Could it be due to increased numbers of fry and smaller fish?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Always been wary of corn, Barbel wise anyway, of all the baits, i have read it's great when they want it, but run a mile once they have seen plenty of it, with those two scenarios not taking too long to happen.

Another river where the Bream/Barbel now co-habit the same areas too.

Barbel seeker

A friend of a friend fishes nothing but corn for barbel on the swale ,ouse and local rivers and also on the rare occasion he goes on the seven or trent and to be honest he does do okay with it but doesn't seem to work for me , all he does is catapult a few handfuls in and fish on top of it,

Zerkalo

I drove past the Severn at Bridgnorth today, bit difficult to get a view from the road but I said to myself, "wow the river looks high". Got home and checked levels and it's actually low at the moment as expected. Rain forecast though so doesn't look likely I'll be getting out.

Zerkalo

Just put a pint of hemp to soak as weather does not look bad tomorrow. I'm going to head to Stourport to put to test the theory it's a good place in winter, no harm in trying.