Severn

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Got some maggots left so on the Stour tomorrow hopefully, although it's forecast 50% chance of showers here!

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Arley RB today for a few hours, luckily I took a brolly even though rain wasn't forecast, banks were treacherous and very muddy.
Had one barbel on the meat, feeding hemp and halibut pellets and that was it, nice day out, pity it was raining as I'd have fished the stick but didn't fancy standing in the rain all day. 20201108_112245.jpg 20201108_114939.jpg 20201108_115215.jpg 20201108_162314.jpg

bluemack

Site Supporter
Fished Arley today just for a few hours and it was tanking through,i did,nt start fishing till 9.30 started off with a quarter inch piece of meat and had a couple
of knocks then had a proper bite result was a 5 inch gudgeon!!! persevered with the meat for another hour or so,just the odd knock.
Went on the stick and run it through the slack water,had a couple more gudgeon,a dace and a handful of bleak,even this was a tad slow SO went on the
maggot feeder, 8lb line,size 16 Animal hook loaded with just 3 maggots,the current dragged the feeder right into the side so decided not to put more
weight on and just left it there after about 20 mins the rod hooped over 5ft twitch and i was in ,after about 5 mins my landing net was scooping out a
beautiful 8lb 12oz barbel :) and that was it for the day ,packed in at 1.30 feeling pretty chuffed.
Strange that i had a gudgeon on meat and the barbel on maggot.:rolleyes:

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I think pictures 7 and 8 were taken on a stillwater not the Severn, that would account for the stickleback.
I don't think the last shot is a small Barbel, has the wrong head shape and they are quite mottled like Gudgeon when fry. Barbus_Barbus_(juvenile).JPG

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I've just questioned the better half and the last 2 pictures were also not taken on the Severn 😂😂😳😳😳🙈🙈🙈 but in a hide, should of consulted with her first I suppose 🤔🤔🤔

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Sorry gents, ballsed up, should have checked to see where the pictures were taken beforehand, just enjoy some kingfisher photos, some of which were taken on the Severn, 😁😁👍👍