Severn

pellet

Well done Bezzer, back with a bang and not only hogging the Barbel but a fashion parade aswell. Great to see you back on the bank.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Well done @bezzer that seems to be about the stamp I get from Arley too.

I'm looking at the weather tomorrow and it seems dry but checking the river levels, they seem to shoot up around midday tomorrow so I'm not going to bother as much as I want to try my 17' Acolyte out.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I'm out tomorrow come what may, today's a soggy rain off, need a few hours on the bank, levels should be perfect with around a 3ft on I reckon.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Another Blackstone blank 😂😂
Only went there because I couldn't bare walking, oh well, it's never been good to me that stretch.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Unlucky mate, I have only walked along Blackstone, never fished there, my dad really liked the look of it due to the platforms and easy parking behind your peg I haven't fancied my chances there yet.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Unlucky mate, I have only walked along Blackstone, never fished there, my dad really liked the look of it due to the platforms and easy parking behind your peg I haven't fancied my chances there yet.
I should have gone to Arley or HL really, for some reason I just can't catch there, plenty of other stretches to fish,just got to find a few, was going to go to Stanley waters/coombys farm last week.

bezzer

Site Supporter
Sorry to here about your blank Carphauler, never easy on a fast rising Severn. I've never been a fan of Blankstone, despite the easy access and nice pegs, there aren't many features. Having said that, I've fished Ribbesford, Blankstone and the KDAA stretches and never blanked :D

bluemack

Site Supporter
I should have gone to Arley or HL really, for some reason I just can't catch there, plenty of other stretches to fish,just got to find a few, was going to go to Stanley waters/coombys farm last week.
For some reason there does,nt seem to be a very big head of Barbel at Blackstone,i.ve only ever had 1 from there
and that was in a match fishing for bream/skimmers in the very deep peg in the 2nd field and that took a lump of bread.
Strange really.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Even though it's dry round here for the next few days the levels are predicted to rise quite a bit? Must be loads of rain in Wales or something?

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Even though it's dry round here for the next few days the levels are predicted to rise quite a bit? Must be loads of rain in Wales or something?
I think the Welsh Dams are opened more during the winter to compensate for the rainfall. This used to push cold water in to the Severn but I think I heard they release the water from the top layers now so it's not so cold, how true this is I don't know.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
On pole rig updating now as looks like i am going to need them more than Barbel hooklengths at the moment :(
Get us a few and get some pictures up if any of you more local get anything.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
The Lower is 3.5m up and steadily rising.
We had a lot of rain last night and it will be 4m by tomorrow night.
Temp is minus 3 tonight so conditions not looking great for a while.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I've been hoping to get out with a stick float to use my new Acolyte but looking at the forecast does not look likely. I might get out for Barbel on Thursday or Friday and fancy Hampton Loade on the usual pegs for me. If I went to Arley I would not be sure whether to fish the usual pegs or go for the deeper ones which I usually avoid but might come into their own in these conditions.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
River is dropping rapidly today. Was going to go today but leaving it till tomorrow now as it might be low enough for me to do some float fishing as well.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
River wasn't dropping as rapidly as I thought! Went to Hampton Loade today with my brother in law on the Kinver Freeliners stretch and it was up past all the platforms. Too boily to fish a float so both fished for Barbel and both blanked. He only stayed a couple of hours as had work to do but I sat it out in the sunshine on a cold day from 7 till 3.30 without a bite. No one else on the stretch caught either.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
River wasn't dropping as rapidly as I thought! Went to Hampton Loade today with my brother in law on the Kinver Freeliners stretch and it was up past all the platforms. Too boily to fish a float so both fished for Barbel and both blanked. He only stayed a couple of hours as had work to do but I sat it out in the sunshine on a cold day from 7 till 3.30 without a bite. No one else on the stretch caught either.
Not surprised mate the frosts and high water have killed the Thames here as well by all accounts. Much warmer today though so a couple more days of this and the rivers should be alright again I reckon.