Severn

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
As far as I am aware Chris there is only one weir below me and with a high river and exceptional high tide it could push upstream.

I just couldn't believe what I was seeing and although it was breezy the leaves coming down seemed to be slowed in the flow.
It came up really quickly and was lapping right to left upstream.
Dam water would have pushed debris through faster and the water over the platform left to right.
Weird but also a bit dicey as had to throw tackle up the steps.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
As far as I am aware Chris there is only one weir below me and with a high river and exceptional high tide it could push upstream.

I just couldn't believe what I was seeing and although it was breezy the leaves coming down seemed to be slowed in the flow.
It came up really quickly and was lapping right to left upstream.
Dam water would have pushed debris through faster and the water over the platform left to right.
Weird but also a bit dicey as had to throw tackle up the steps.
Isn't that a similar scenario to the Severn bore but to a lesser extent? Maybe the high tide is right.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
It is but the bore always stops at Maisemore weir in Gloucestershire.
I am quite a way up from that so it can only have been a freak event.

bezzer

Site Supporter
Nice Barbel Keith.

Looking at the number of leaves that have fallen over the past week, I can imagine how difficult it would have been on the river.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Cheers Ian.
Tbh I thought it was bigger than it was as it just hung in the flow and then the leaves started building up on the line.
Had to put on more pressure than I like just to get all the rubbish off.

The breeze got up and that just added to the debris in the water.
Will be a mare for a few weeks now.
A 14lb came out of the stretch a couple of weeks ago so the incentive is still there.

pellet

Had a short two and a half hour session today, fished four pegs in that time and called it a walk in the end. Not a touch, not a sign, river looked ok but had a problem with leaves so just enjoyed being in the countryside. Was great to be out in the winter sun and feel the wind on your face again, the four walls and boredom was taking it's toll. Did me the world of good just being by the river and not stuck in. Might give this walking a go.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Can't knock you for effort and dedication Keith big respect I'm sure it will be a case of onward and upword for you now you've broke your duck, rock on

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Was great to be out in the winter sun and feel the wind on your face again, the four walls and boredom was taking it's toll. Did me the world of good just being by the river and not stuck in. Might give this walking a go.
Winter sun! Its only October so very much still Autumn and was near 15 degrees today! Don't go talking as if winters here I'm already trying to kid myself that it's more than just a month or so away as it is 😂

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Had plenty of Chub,Chublets,Perch and Silvers Paul but small fish just don't do anything for me.
Will be switching to Preds soon as I fancy a few spots that the Sprat fishers have reported being pestered on.

bezzer

Site Supporter
After 6 weeks away from the bank due to my broken foot, today I hit the banks of the mighty Severn. I decided on Arley as it’s a flat walk and the peg I wanted isn’t far from the car park. As it was, the angler who had parked just before me had snaffled my preferred peg.

Wet a line at 8:30 and packed up in the rain at 2pm. I had 3 bites and landed 3 Barbel. Nothing big, one going just over 5lb. All came to double 8mm pellet. It was great to be back on the bank 😁 C13326D3-E772-4A58-93C8-55E126C60ED8.jpeg A09848F5-A529-4F12-B350-BEB41B2740C3.jpeg 22C9161B-7C69-4E26-AC27-FB2E6AFFE8A2.jpeg

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Excellent Bezz and pleased you are back.

Message to self: ask Bezz how to turn the fish round so it looks like a different one 😂😂

Well done mate ☺ 👍👍👍

bezzer

Site Supporter
Excellent Bezz and pleased you are back.

Message to self: ask Bezz how to turn the fish round so it looks like a different one 😂😂

Well done mate ☺ 👍👍👍

To pull it off convincingly, make sure you have different tops on for each picture 😉😛