Severn

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Hi Pellet
Now we are in bad banks time you be careful mate,you don't need to have another fall.
Although the wind killed my day it clearly blew a lot of the foliage off the trees early so that nonsense may be over quicker this year.
Good luck to those that go out and be careful.

Paul it was easy for you to confuse the Chub/Roach hybrid as let's be fair, unless it's a 10 plus Whiskers to you they all look the same ☺

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Went to Arley yesterday morning, nothing to report, river was as crystal clear as I've seen it, fished about 4 hours and when the sun came up and I could see the bottom 10m out I called it day. Needs at least an extra foot on for me.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Highley, Hampton Loade & Bridgnorth......2 days.........6 anglers........10 rods....................2 Barbel. (none of which belonged to me) Half expected it and light frost on the windscreen Saturday morning confirmed it. Opted for maggots on the float on the Saturday and managed a couple of pound of Dace whilst trying to tempt a Barbel.

10 days of rain forecast up that way and also Wales where it counts, so never a wrong time to be up there but in a few days time would have been better.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
seems my run of bad luck has rubbed off on you northants but as fighters I know we will bounce back ( I hope ) lol , on the trent tomorrow but judging by the weather and river I think it will be another struggle, rain badly needed all over me thinks but have to be in it to win it.
Thanks for the escape route Keith but would take a six plus whiskers at the moment 😋, the only whiskers I'm getting at the moment is the kind that grow on the boat race.

pellet

Well done Northants for getting out and the float approach was the right method as the barbel are just not showing. Praying for rain in them welsh hills and at least getting on the bank sometime soon.

bezzer

Site Supporter
My fishing buddy had a morning at Blackstone yesterday, 6 hours without a touch. He said there was a lot of rubbish still coming down and the river was unbelievably clear. In a way, I'm glad I can't get out on the bank at the moment!

Well done to everyone who is getting out despite the challenging conditions.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Hi Ian
How's the healing coming on mate?
Would love to torment you with many pictures of fish but just not happening. ☺

Northantslad

'Any indications?
seems my run of bad luck has rubbed off on you northants but as fighters I know we will bounce back ( I hope ) lol , on the trent tomorrow but judging by the weather and river I think it will be another struggle, rain badly needed all over me thinks but have to be in it to win it.
Thanks for the escape route Keith but would take a six plus whiskers at the moment 😋, the only whiskers I'm getting at the moment is the kind that grow on the boat race.

Think the only bad luck for this trip, was the sudden drop in temperatures we encountered, which added to the already poor form. Personally i feel we could edge the law of sod a little more in our favour by making the trip sooner in Sept, but we go when we can all go eh.....

Northantslad

'Any indications?
My fishing buddy had a morning at Blackstone yesterday, 6 hours without a touch. He said there was a lot of rubbish still coming down and the river was unbelievably clear. In a way, I'm glad I can't get out on the bank at the moment!

Well done to everyone who is getting out despite the challenging conditions.

I tried for you mate, would you accept a 5oz Dace as a cheer you upper?

carphauler

Get the sad bit done first, my Nan of 95 years passed last night, 2 minutes before her 96th birthday, she liked a bit of fishing so this goes out to her.
Dropped on Arley RB today for 4 hours from 1pm,chucked a bomb and meat, first few chucks had wrap overs then rig gone, I suspect large logs coming down stream as there were a few, dropped it off the rod tip in very deep water, 15 minutes later a stumpy but fat barbel, 9lb 14oz,then it was off home as the weather was turning again, saved a blank anyway.
Apologies for the lower quality pics, my phone died and they were taken on an IPhone 😂😂 20201004_141357.jpg 20201004_183425.jpg 20201004_183510.jpg

Last edited:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
So sorry for your loss mate.

Glad you got out and caught a good un! That might be the last chance for a while as looks like it'll be in the fields come the morning!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Couple of articles I've read today on the Severn, a nice big bag on the float and a record fish.

Hoping to get out tomorrow work permitting.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Yeah I have a feeling my usual peg there will be quite a bit underwater so might have to find another peg but going to give it a go, will just have to choose a safe and decent peg I think.