Severn

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Sounds like should be spot on, down there tomorrow for our annual week (20th year this year)
Almost booked a week on it myself for next week as a last minute deal came up but thought that was pushing it with work having only been back 3 weeks 😂

Going to try do a few days in October if the weathers alright though.

carphauler

Roachhauler
there's another pulse of water coming though now (see Shrewsbury on EA site) .... should peak at Bewdley around midnight tonight.
I'm expecting a Barbel match tomorrow - rather than having a chance with Dace, perch & chub (hope I'm wrong though)
According to the river levels site Bewdley has come up nearly a metre today yet we've had little rain with little forecast, don't get it.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Rock hard at knowle Sands today, for barbel anyway.
I've only fished there twice and it strikes me as an 'unpredictable' stretch. When I fished it I fished in a deep hole and slipped over on the one big Barbel I hooked. Were the banks still really muddy?

The Runner

Site Supporter
Not too muddy where I was, had one barbel about 4-8 ten minutes after I posted. Only two between the five of us and only two or three more between the other anglers there.
I had some lovely roach on the stick and pellet though, fifteen or so from about 10 oz to this
A3CF463F-B9C8-42E6-BE0A-EB357322A19D.jpeg

bezzer

Site Supporter
Spent the morning down at Arley (LB) and had 3 fish; 2 small Barbel and a nice Roach. The river looked spot on, up about 18 inches and a bit of colour. 1 Barbel and the Roach came to an 8mm pellet, the other Barbel to a 14mm pellet. I lost 2 Barbel, 1 got me in a snag and no matter what I tried I couldn't get it out and the other when my hooklength snapped before I could net it. It's good to be off the mark, hopefully some bigger ones over the next couple of months.

AR1.jpg AR2.jpg AR3.jpg

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
there's another pulse of water coming though now (see Shrewsbury on EA site) .... should peak at Bewdley around midnight tonight.
I'm expecting a Barbel match tomorrow - rather than having a chance with Dace, perch & chub (hope I'm wrong though)
I was spot on with it being a barbel match ... 3 foot on, just the day to draw the best dace peg on the river!
one barbel for 6:10 ... not brilliant!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Cracking fish @bezzer seems to be some decent Roach coming out the Severn, just adds to the magic of it.

I'm hopefully heading to Hampton Loade Wednesday morning with @rd115