setting up a pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

timber

built for comfort
I concentrate a lot of my fishing now on the club ponds,catching carp,tench,bream,roach. the carp go to around 6lb,the tench to 4lb.i have set up my pole with 12's elastic in the top two sections,would you say this is ok?
as on my last session the top section snapped while playing one of the larger carp in there

maxwell_hung

caster blaster
By top two are you talking about power kits or match kits Dave?
What pole is it?

For that strength of elastic you really should put it through both sections of your power kits or sections two and three of your match kits, depending on their rating of course.

timber

built for comfort
it ia an original maver grim reaper,which states it is rated to 20's elastic.

Big Mik

i run maver 18's elastic, slack through top 2, never had problems with breaks. and if used nicely does not bump the smaller ones off.

me

it may not be down to the laccy or the fish but simply down to damage on the section. A slight knock for any time in the past could of weakened the section, or a slight crack or fault that wasn't visible to the eye might of been in the section and caused the break [;)][:D]

timber

built for comfort
cheers me,i think that is what happened.having a new top section made by esselle pole repairs,used them before they are excellent.

groundhog

Life Survivor
timber 12 laccy through the top 2 is ideal for the fish you describe you are targetting[;)], most poles are rated up to 12 on their match kits,and 18/20 on their power top 2's, Do not make the mistake a lot of anglers make, holding the pole high while playing fish,as this places undue strain on the pole and sections.
Tight Lines
G.H. thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.