Setting Up a New Tablet - AAARRRGGGHHH

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Press and hold the icon and you can drag it to where you want.
What make of Tablet is it?
Doing that just brings up a dialog box asking if I want to delete the app from the Google Go homescreen which is different to the tablet homescreen where I want the icon to be. Comfortable dragging icons around the home screen.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
If you don't know what to do, ask google and go to youtube and watch.....
That is what I have done and the (same) instructions I find on various sites do not match up to what I am seeing on screen. The instructions work on my phone but not on the tablet.

BTMS

Site Supporter
I hate lock down. Wife got me a new phone apparently was ancient. (it went ring ring what more do you want) grand kids normally sort this stuff out for us in 2 mins. New phones to many apps, buttons, phone locks etc:mad:

jods

Site Supporter
Alba? I have a 20 year old calculator with more memory lol. I know you are cheap Neil but i would have gone for a galaxy A7 best bang for buck at mo.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
For switching over tablets, try back up in accounts to Google drive then access the data on the new tablet after you have logged in to Google.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Alba? I have a 20 year old calculator with more memory lol. I know you are cheap Neil but i would have gone for a galaxy A7 best bang for buck at mo.
For what I use it for the old one did fine and the new one should to. I have a laptop, PC, phone and tablet. Each have their own uses.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Yes. Turned the star blue but the menu still refuses to show an add to homescreen option.

I just find it frustrating when you look up instructions that bear no resemblance to what you are seeing.

I managed to get MD on the home screen of my old tablet, why not this one? :mad:

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Yes. Turned the star blue but the menu still refuses to show an add to homescreen option.

I just find it frustrating when you look up instructions that bear no resemblance to what you are seeing.

I managed to get MD on the home screen of my old tablet, why not this one? :mad:
Have you closed chrome down from recent apps and reopened it?

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Pressed this icon, then close all, reopen chrome, go to bookmarked page and try the 3 dots again for add to homescreen.

Screenshot_20210220-183328_Chrome.jpg

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Thanks for explaining. Done that, still no change to the menu under the three dots.

Sorry I know this must be frustrating but I am trying.