Setting Up a New Tablet - AAARRRGGGHHH

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
A few months ago I expressed my frustration at trying to set up a new PC, now it is a new tablet that is defeating me.

I have tried pairing up the old and new tablet so that Google can transfer everything over. No joy there, how do I find the Pair Device setting? So I am resorting to starting from scratch. No issues with adding apps from the Play store, though it would be nice to know how to download a widget rather than an app. The app icon goes straight onto the home screen. But trying to do the same with the MD website and failing. The instructions online say to click the three dots and get the menu up then click "Add to homescreen". Simple enough until you realise the menu does not give you the "Add to home screen" option. :finger:

I have been able to add the icon under the Google Go button but I want it on the homescreen and can't find a way of moving from Google Go to homescreen either.

AAARRRGGGHHH

:help: before I :smash:

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
Go onto maggotdrowning homepage on your browser(chrome?) then press the 3 dots, should get an empty star, press it, it goes blue to say it's bookmarked, then when you press 3 dots again you should get add to homescreen.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
You may have to bookmark it then close the page, then reopen the page to get the add to homescreen.

jods

Site Supporter
If your apps are backed up to google and you use google chrome web browser. It should download all your apps and sync your bookmarks when you sign in to your google account.

jods

Site Supporter
I have been able to add the icon under the Google Go button but I want it on the homescreen and can't find a way of moving from Google Go to homescreen either.
Press and hold the icon and you can drag it to where you want.
What make of Tablet is it?

piscatorial

If you've backed up your old Tablet to Google, I think on your old one you go in to settings, Google, Setup and Restore, then Setup Nearby Device.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Charging it up at the moment, fishing tomorrow so it may be Sunday until I get round to grappling with the beast.

I'll get baxck to you all.