Seriously?

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Fooker B8 M8

In all seriousness though, These do actually look pretty good.
I'd give em' a go.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter

An interesting read. What originally had me interested after watching the video was being able to mold them or tear them apart for a bigger or smaller hookbait to suit any occasion, Plus being able to roll them to represent a maggot looked really cool. You're right though, a lot of people including yourself reckon they're no good. I usually fish on a club water which sometimes really struggles to produce on even normal pellets so I guess I'll skip on these unless I can get them for a real steal of a price to test out for myself.

Thanks

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
An interesting read. What originally had me interested after watching the video was being able to mold them or tear them apart for a bigger or smaller hookbait to suit any occasion, Plus being able to roll them to represent a maggot looked really cool. You're right though, a lot of people including yourself reckon they're no good. I usually fish on a club water which sometimes really struggles to produce on even normal pellets so I guess I'll skip on these unless I can get them for a real steal of a price to test out for myself.

Thanks

You can rip them in half, put them into any shape you want, but testing on our club waters did nothing, not a nibble. Remove the thing and replace with maggot or caster and fish on.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
You can rip them in half, put them into any shape you want, but testing on our club waters did nothing, not a nibble. Remove the thing and replace with maggot or caster and fish on.

Yeah, on my local red maggots are far, far superior than anything else without a doubt. My way of thinking is that I pick up a bag of these and present them as maggots to trick the fish when I simply have no actual maggots and I haven't visited the tackle shop which is more often than not the case - lol.

I'm not sure how your local fishes, But mine is very depleted for stock (Maybe 10-15 Carp, 1 or 2 small shoals of Bream, Obviously some Roach and lots of Perch). It's normal for people to go there and catch only 3-4lb in fish in 6-8 hour sessions. They're all so weary when it comes to unnatural baits such as pellets, boilies and so forth so these are certainly going to be a hard pass for me after hearing that.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I'm not sure how your local fishes, But mine is very depleted for stock (Maybe 10-15 Carp, 1 or 2 small shoals of Bream, Obviously some Roach and lots of Perch). It's normal for people to go there and catch only 3-4lb in fish in 6-8 hour sessions. They're all so weary when it comes to unnatural baits such as pellets, boilies and so forth so these are certainly going to be a hard pass for me after hearing that.

Our club waters consist of 2 lakes, both fairly well stocked but lake 2 having the bigger species. They both hold the following...
Roach, Perch, Gudgeon, Ide, Bream (and skimmers), Barbel, Koi, Crucians, Tench and Carp. The Carp in lake 1 go to around 20lb. In lake 2 they go to upper 20's with a couple of 30's. Out of all those species and a couple of days testing, not one bite on them and that's using pole, waggler, tip rod and Carp gear.
Catch rate can be from 6lb a session up to 100lb+ if the Carp are up for it then it's anyone's guess. But using those things...nothing.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Our club waters consist of 2 lakes, both fairly well stocked but lake 2 having the bigger species. They both hold the following...
Roach, Perch, Gudgeon, Ide, Bream (and skimmers), Barbel, Koi, Crucians, Tench and Carp. The Carp in lake 1 go to around 20lb. In lake 2 they go to upper 20's with a couple of 30's. Out of all those species and a couple of days testing, not one bite on them and that's using pole, waggler, tip rod and Carp gear.
Catch rate can be from 6lb a session up to 100lb+ if the Carp are up for it then it's anyone's guess.

Man, Those waters sound like a dream in comparison to mine! But that confirms I have absolutely no chance of catching with them down there then, I did forget to mention that we also have a few Tench,Some Eels And one Koi which got knocked about by either a Pike or Zander last time I caught it (Maybe(?)).. But theres also conflicting reports of those even existing in there. :ROFLMAO:

We've been trying to get the committee to restock our local but thus far had no luck, Only excuses, snark replies and grudges held against us for suggesting it. Sucks really because it's really feeling the pressure Angler wise.

PAB

Site Supporter
nothing new there I can make any colour and flavour paste and make it do the same if needed. finely crushed boilies some flavoured oil a bit of glycerine and you have it.

rudd

Site Supporter
They have a few uses:

Tipping off boilies, cubes of meat etc on a hair.
Keeping a worm on a barbless hook.
Added to a dropshot / texas rig and jigged along.

johng19

me@home.com
If I see them in the tackle shop I go proberly give them a try.
Think I will waste more than £1.99 on other stuff:)

62tucker

Site Supporter
Surely that can’t be good for the fish. When I have the 5hits the last thing I want is to eat the same stuff that give me the 5hits.

johng19

me@home.com
So is he saying the fish will eat it and :poop: it back into the peg. Don't seem right to me that.o_O

markthemouse

So is he saying the fish will eat it and :poop: it back into the peg. Don't seem right to me that.o_O

yes the fish have a poo - feel hungry and come back to your peg for more food ( that's the idea anyway ) here is the link

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
well given that a carp's digestive system is unlike our own it's not new news.... anyone who carp fishes will know that if a fish gets on your bait they will eat and eat it (they draw nutrition from their digestive tract rather than a stomach like our own) and pass it through their gut even while they are laying on your unhooking mat.... so basically what the bloke is saying is true, but it's nothing we didn't already know... they are just rehashing an old fact and using it to flog their gear