Sensas PM 774 Pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevieboy

In April this year I decided to upgrade my Daiwa G8 to top of the range pole.

After short listing down to:
Maver 401, Colmic 707 & Sensas 774 I decided on the sensas 774. The 774 bet the Colmic on kit and the Maver 401 due to me not having faith in the brand.
P.s I dismissed the Tourney Pro due to the poor finish & side by side the 774 was stiffer & more responsive.

The Pole: I've now fished with it enough times to make a good honest review on it. My local club has two lakes a silver fish lake & a carp lake so the pole had to suit both styles of fishing.
The 774 is an absolute dream at all lengths with the match/competition kits for the silvers the balance, tip recovery & finish are excellent.

I've elasticated two of the power kits with Middy 18-22 hollow for the carp lake which holds fish between 5lbs upto 25lbs av.7-8 ish with plenty of mid doubles. I've fished as shallow as 12 inch at 16m for hours catching crazed summer carp with no issues. With power kits fitted the pole still remains ultra stiff although the balance does shift slightly.

As for the negative points, well I can honestly there isn't any. I can't think of anything at all.

If I had to force a criticism then maybe the butt section graphics aren't to everyones taste but ok for me!

Sensas & Bobco Tackle: I got the pole from Bobco in Leeds armed with a 12 month warranty and joker card which hopefully would give me a new section if I broke one by accident and I did.
Well actually I broke the 4th & 6th by losing 11.5m down a twenty foot drop in to a stoney river Loxley behind Loxley fisheries. That's another story which I've posted in 'Your Awards' headed Sensas & Bobco if anyone's at all interested. Anyway Bobco delt with it within 8 days, I had a brand new 4th and 6th which cost me only my joker card, amazing!!

If anyone is looking for an excellent pole & pole package then you need to check out this range of poles. Two mates who I fish with are looking towards the 754 & 744 after my experiences, which reassured them of the Sensas brand and service.

No i'm not a rep for Sensas or have any other loyalties other than owning some of there tackle but I have owned a few good poles from manufacturers like Daiwa, maver, Faps & Map. I haven't heard of service like i've mentioned from any other manufacturer though.

daniel121

Account Closed
Originally posted by stevieboy

No i'm not a rep for Sensas or have any other loyalties other than owning some of there tackle but I have owned a few good poles from manufacturers like Daiwa, maver, Faps & Map. I haven't heard of service like i've mentioned from any other manufacturer though.

nor am i a rep for anyone, however i must defend daiwa, they have brillent aftersales care, although i dont like their new poles but that juist my personal veiw.

But i know first hand diawa aftersales is second to none

Last edited by a moderator:

reveal13

Nice review steve,

However i thought the sensas was sloppy with a power kit on....maybe its just me?

What did you think of the colmic 707?

Last edited:

stevieboy

The power kits are very long, I didn't measure them but cut a lot off to make them the same length as the match kits without the No. 1.

Maybe this has stiffened the action up compared to with full length power kits.

To be honest though most of my fishing is done with match kits fitted even match carping. I only use the power kits when I know i'm going to be bagging big carp (There fitted with Middy 18-22 & purple Hydro). Like i've said, I don't think it upsets the pole too much. That said, I haven't come across a pole that isn't affected by the weight of a power kit.

d1ball

Bally
you got it wrong mate....the Maver 401 is the business

sheepy

sorry d1ball but the 774 is a superior pole to the maver 401,if you would like to argue the toss i put to you why did they bring the 501 out 3 months later :eek:)

774 imo and many others is THE best pole on the market today.

And man i want one

d1ball

Bally
Stevie, it's all about opinions. The Maver 401 is 300 cheaper and you get more top sections. You seem to have dismissed the Maver 401 just on brand, did you even it give it a try in the shop??. This is my second Maver pole now and I have not broken either of them in over 10years of fishing, not caught much on them though!! LOL, great review and hope the pole serves you well.

Sheepy,the Maver 501 is not even out yet mate, and that is no basis to dismiss the 401, poles get better and improve. all the current poles will be surpassed in coming years....its progress mate..

stevieboy

Yep, I understand what your saying but it's a bold statement to say you've bought the wrong pole! Like you say it's personal preference.

And regarding the brand, i've owned a Maver pole, it clicked in the wind and Maver wouldn't do anything about it.

I also own a Maver Mobydick which I use at Drayton, it's as strong as anything and serves me well!!

The Maver 401 I picked up in the shop had a cracked section in the male joint, ok it might have been done by someone having a waggle then again it might not. Therefore, when looking to spend the best part of two grand on a pole it becomes an issue of reliability.

This is in no way a dig at Maver or the pole just a case of me feeling comfortable with spending the money on, what I think, is the right pole.

d1ball, YOU bought the wrong pole!! LoL

johnny5

must agree with reveal, I tried the 774 in Fosters, and I too found it 'sloppy' with the power kit on. I chatted to Paul Downes about it, he's got one and loves it, as good as the TP he reckons.

Tried the 401 too - stunningly stiff and light, but strengthwise I don't know. PD did say that they get lots of anglers in with broken sections etc.

Still can't make my mind up - after three weeks!!!

FORDY 1

P D wud say that tho would'nt he.as good as pro plus breakages 401.[:)]

Last edited:

d1ball

Bally
Johnny...go with the 401 mate.....only poor anglers break a pole...

Big Gaz

Stevieboy,

Can you please tell me what colour the labels are on your 774 top kits, are they silver or green for the competition kits and red for the carp tops?

Thx

stevieboy

Comp kits are black, match green & carp red.

jonathan

exellent pole but why didnt you buy the g10 its the best pole money can buy

d1ball

Bally
Stevie boy....if from South Yorkshire you must get yoursen a gallon every neet...go wom....give your lass some slipper and booit then get feathered....am I reet???

Nana

Stevieboy
Thanks for the review. I bought a 774 last week and used it for the first time over the weekend on the Aire & Calder Canal. Light, Rigid and very responsive. I swopped 2 Carp tops for match top 3's and I cant tell the difference between the Match and comp 3's.

1st Impressions are very good, without doubt better than my Elite 47 with a much better spares package.

Nana

I have had the 774 for 5 months now and how my opinion has changed. Most of the joints stick at some time, maybe due to me checking and pushing them in a lot as the sections come loose after a couple of hours or so. I had the joint between the 6th and 7th section come apart whilst shipping back and had to go for a swim. The joints are now getting worse with a bit of use. I spoke with a team mate on Sunday and he is having the same problem with joints sticking. His exact words were "I wish I had just replaced my Spectron with the new model"
I could not agree with him more.

Very Disapointed.

reveal13

give you 200 quid for it...lolo

Status
Not open for further replies.