Sensas Mini Whip Pack

JohnL

Hi,

Has anybody bought or used this set of whips, looking for some feedback. Are they worth the money or is it better to buy separate whips from somebody like Daiwa or Garbolino. I only need short lengths up to 3.5m.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Looked it up and it works out at a tenner a whip so not too bad on price but do you need 5 whips to cover up to 3.5m?

My son and I use a 3m garbolino that was a freebie from Angling Direct as part of their ‘get kids fishing’ incentive and it is a wonderful piece of kit. Our next one up is a 5m elasticated whip then an 8m margin pole.

Maybe just get a couple of Garbolino whips ?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Got a couple of the short garbolino whips... utterly superb

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Looked it up and it works out at a tenner a whip so not too bad on price but do you need 5 whips to cover up to 3.5m?

My son and I use a 3m garbolino that was a freebie from Angling Direct as part of their ‘get kids fishing’ incentive and it is a wonderful piece of kit. Our next one up is a 5m elasticated whip then an 8m margin pole.

Maybe just get a couple of Garbolino whips ?
Got a couple of the short garbolino whips... utterly superb

Are those the Garbolino telefloat 158 whips? If so I assume they have a tip ring rather than elastic but its not clear from the description?

I'm trying to find a tip ring or elasticated whip that's from a reputable brand and whilst the £15 ish Leeda ones look ideal it seems the Garbolinos are they only decent sounding ones in stock anywhere as the Leedas seem thin on the ground. Middy ones are far too high grade elastic it seems and all the other tip ring ones seem naff.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
These are the old Flicktip ones.. they are circa 2000

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Are those the Garbolino telefloat 158 whips? If so I assume they have a tip ring rather than elastic but its not clear from the description?

I'm trying to find a tip ring or elasticated whip that's from a reputable brand and whilst the £15 ish Leeda ones look ideal it seems the Garbolinos are they only decent sounding ones in stock anywhere as the Leedas seem thin on the ground. Middy ones are far too high grade elastic it seems and all the other tip ring ones seem naff.

They have a stonfo style connector on the tip which works really well, my 4yr old connects his own rigs.

we’ve had countless carp, roach, dace, bleak & perch to 6oz out with it

Working on at the moment so when I get home I will let you know what the model is

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Cool thanks, that sort of connector would work fine for me. Would mostly just use it as a perch bait catcher but there would be times where I’d use it for the sort of fish you describe as well ??

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Cool thanks, that sort of connector would work fine for me. Would mostly just use it as a perch bait catcher but there would be times where I’d use it for the sort of fish you describe as well ??

No worries - anticipate about 8’ish

OldTaff

Site Supporter
These are the Angling Direct kids freebies - fantastic whips and immense fun to use

44911f0a-e24a-40d1-a5b9-711af5e69bb2-jpeg.90751

Attachments

• 44911F0A-E24A-40D1-A5B9-711AF5E69BB2.jpeg
    44911F0A-E24A-40D1-A5B9-711AF5E69BB2.jpeg
    510.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 07915023-CA30-4CC2-BA31-4AD35088AEEF.jpeg
    07915023-CA30-4CC2-BA31-4AD35088AEEF.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 8

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
They are super fun and you barely know you are holding it
I have 2 of them, the 3 metre versions, as most people I got them from AD when spent £10.
Not tried them out yet, wondering what they may be like fishing margins , they seem strong enough.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Might stick one on the Christmas list, cheap and easy option for someone to get me lol

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I have 2 of them, the 3 metre versions, as most people I got them from AD when spent £10.
Not tried them out yet, wondering what they may be like fishing margins , they seem strong enough.

They are great fun down the edge on the river for perch & silvers, carp would scare me :)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Used catch carp on elasticated whips quite a lot but sod anything much over a pound on a flick tip lol

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Used catch carp on elasticated whips quite a lot but sod anything much over a pound on a flick tip lol

Been teaching my son with an elasticated whip and we hauled loads of little carp in the warm weather but got mashed by big uns. Now have a proper margin pole for next spring so good things anticipated.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Been teaching my son with an elasticated whip and we hauled loads of little carp in the warm weather but got mashed by big uns. Now have a proper margin pole for next spring so good things anticipated.
Used to get them to about 4-5lb (usually half that) on elastic but it took twice as long as on a rod so not ideal!