Semerwater Friday afternoon/evening OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stu Dav

Davi
Fished Semerwater Friday Afternoon
Started fishing 5 ish,got on the piont peg 36 with the wind on my back
Somebody pike fishin on 34, 5 rods out !!!! had 6 fish biggest 17lb
I was swing tippin with a ground bait feeder at 45 yards just before the rocks,you'll loose feeders and or hook lengths if you get in the rocks(and bump fish)
Anyway had a slow start small roach and perch usually a bad sighn,then the small hibrids turnned up 4-5 oz apiece one a chuck on red maggot,then a skimmer or two 1/2 lb or so still on red maggot.
Bosh 2lb bream then another then back on the hibrids bumped two lumps then nothing for 45 mins.Bream number 3 a good 3lb propper snotty,yes I thought their hear and put a worm on put got hibrids one a chuck again and had to wait 3-4 mins for a bite,back on the red maggot got another bream 2lb ish (the last one)then skimmer after skimmer mixed with small hibrids boy do they wriggle lost quite a few trying to swing em in.Didn't use much ground bait bag of sensas super 3000 Bream(good stuff)plus same in brown crumb tin of corn and 1/2 red maggot and a few bronze didn't have any casters or feeders which I usually av
Fished till 22:00 with the lake to my self from 19:00 finished with about 35-40lb which I was well pleased with.
Its nice to know the bream had spawned like sand paper the 2lb ers and them hibrids will be good next year if the pike don't snaffle em.
Spoke to the farmer who said there has been a report of a 35lb pike and the guy fishinj for pike talked of a 34lb pike.
Comments please

Stu Dav
ps goin on gorsty hall tmorow let you know.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Nice report , nice bag and that water certainly looks capable of holding a Pike of the sizes quoted.

Loved my days up there, even if the Pike were much smaller.

Look forward to Gorsty report and would be grateful for a lot more spaces to help these old eyes read easier

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Stu Dav

Davi
Trev

Message recived and uderstood.

Will report on Gorsty hall tommorow , well today actually , is that the time.
Looks like loadsa rain , awell thats fishin.

All the best

Stu dav :)

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Keep dry mate, I'm worming on the Dove

Best of Luck

trev

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:

Look forward to Gorsty report and would be grateful for a lot more spaces to help these old eyes read easier

Cheers

Trev

Trev, I can remember Newt saying the same thing about somebody elses posts. LOL icon_smile_big.gif Oh what a long memory I have.

I want a chat, will contact you later, after fishing.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

norm

stu dav

not seen you on for a wile mate

i see you had a good day well done

i to was pleased to see small skimers last week as it means the future of water

dont worry about the pike mother nature would not allow pike to take all the fish or every water with pike in would be void of fish then all the pike would die

i have seen a 33lb i think was the waight as i was talking to the bloke that cought it (it was massive)

i thought you were coming to semer to meet us all last weekend?

you missed a good day out (and night)

see yas later

norm

it isn`t the size of the tiddler that counts

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Stu,
Thanks mate, hope you kept dryer than I did! Will report tomorrow.

Geoff LOL yeah, and that old Buzzard was right!
Shows that you learn every day!

As to the chat, anytime and at the moment I agree, about time!

You have E-Mail
icon_smile.gif

Trev

Stu Dav

Davi
Norm

Sorry I couldn't get to Semmerwater, had other commitments, My Bird and Two yes TWO 5 going on 25 little girls to entertain on Saturday and Tuesday,I just couldn't squeeze it in OOer missus stop it!!!
O yeah and I just had this feeling it was going to absolutley Persist it down, which I guess it did if the water came up that quick.

Quick Tip If the hills are green and lush it can flood in an hour, If the hills have any sighn of a brown look about them you've got about 6 hours before the lake floods, because the hills just soak it up.
A local farmer told me that , theres some truth in it I'm sure.

Thanks Norm

Stu Dav Lancashire Lad
ps Do I know you ?
Am sure there'll be a next time

Status
Not open for further replies.