Sellers remorse???

Godber

Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
A lovely old Drennan IM8 Waggler rod. Didn't sell it though, gave it to a mate who was having a hard time, paired it with a Shimano aero reel. Lovely silvers set up and to be fair he made good use of them.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
One for Peter... 4.5" Match Ariel and un-named 12' cane rod
20210913_095129.jpg
Arry, I love that even your rod rest is cane!!!!!

Alantherose

Site Supporter
I've not had time to sell any serious gear on yet.

Don't get me started on guitars and amplifiers though :cry:

Browner

Site Supporter
I've seen you say this before. Where are you looking and what's your benchmark?
I try to keep an eye on eBay/classifieds. Looking for a rod that would potentially be ok for waggler and stick type fishing on natural waters. Don’t fish commies. My other floats rods are Drennan Ultralights in various lengths.
Ive got a Maver Black Ice 12ft x 3pc which is ok and Ive just noticed that Maver now do a 12ft x 3pc Reality. I guess this may be an update on the Black Ice.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I try to keep an eye on eBay/classifieds. Looking for a rod that would potentially be ok for waggler and stick type fishing on natural waters. Don’t fish commies. My other floats rods are Drennan Ultralights in various lengths.
Ive got a Maver Black Ice 12ft x 3pc which is ok and Ive just noticed that Maver now do a 12ft x 3pc Reality. I guess this may be an update on the Black Ice.
I'm definitely the wrong person to ask about rods for both waggler and trotting. I prefer different actions for either rather than a compromise rod in between the two.

However, there are still plenty of current three piece rods out there. Some are better than others and these are not recommendations.
Drennan Acolytes, Several Daiwas, Tricasts, Shakespeares, MAP Parabolix, Garbolino Essential, Maver Signature Pro Classics, Preston Carbonactive Superas, Shimano Aero X5. The biggest issue I see is that many shops, especially those attached to commie fisheries, don't stock such rods. Not surprisingly, they sell more commie style two piece rods of 12' and less.

Browner

Site Supporter
I'm definitely the wrong person to ask about rods for both waggler and trotting. I prefer different actions for either rather than a compromise rod in between the two.

However, there are still plenty of current three piece rods out there. Some are better than others and these are not recommendations.
Drennan Acolytes, Several Daiwas, Tricasts, Shakespeares, MAP Parabolix, Garbolino Essential, Maver Signature Pro Classics, Preston Carbonactive Superas, Shimano Aero X5. The biggest issue I see is that many shops, especially those attached to commie fisheries, don't stock such rods. Not surprisingly, they sell more commie style two piece rods of 12' and less

Appriciate your help. Not sure if these are available in 12ft x 3pc options. The Garbolino seems to be but nearly £200.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Appriciate your help. Not sure if these are available in 12ft x 3pc options. The Garbolino seems to be but nearly £200.
Sorry, I missed the 12' bit, possibly because it wasn't in your first post. I suspect that you are largely wasting your time looking. The fashion for using ready rod bags means that you'll struggle to find any three piece rods of 12' or less. When I wanted a shorter than 13' trotting rod, I bought a very tired 13'er, cut it down and treated it to a new reel seat and handle.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Selling my B&W match rod (13’ CTM) - first proper rod I bought with Saturday job money and I loved it but had bills to pay.

I’d have another in a heartbeat.

Browner

Site Supporter
Sorry, I missed the 12' bit, possibly because it wasn't in your first post. I suspect that you are largely wasting your time looking. The fashion for using ready rod bags means that you'll struggle to find any three piece rods of 12' or less. When I wanted a shorter than 13' trotting rod, I bought a very tired 13'er, cut it down and treated it to a new reel seat and handle.
Doh. Yes, that might of helped in the beginning. The refurb option is not a bad idea.

dave brittain 1

All my ommercial gear when my back went a couple of years ago. I honestly thought I wouldn't match fish again.

Its all been replaced now with some good bargains from Facebook and friends but at a significant cost however I'm enjoying my fishing again, my back is coping and it's come together nicely as I'm now starting to get a few results

solwood

Site Supporter
My Dam Quikstik I sold on here

I wasn't using it and someone on MD was looking for one. FIRST proper quality rod I bought, travelled to Balahm to Rod And Line biggest tackle shop I had ever seen !

Browner

Site Supporter
My watercraft seat box - light, comfy and bags of room.

Now have an absolute 36 - the weight is crippling, and need a bigger car due to its footprint.
I’m with you. Looking back, the way I fish now, that box would be perfect. I do see the odd one pop up on eBay but usually collect only and miles away.
I wouldn’t even need to use the drawers, so even lighter.

satinet

My Dam Quikstik I sold on here

I wasn't using it and someone on MD was looking for one. FIRST proper quality rod I bought, travelled to Balahm to Rod And Line biggest tackle shop I had ever seen !
Hi
I've got a DAM quickstick if you want it. A couple of the guides the inner rings have come out but it's in good condition otherwise.

solwood

Site Supporter
Thank you Satinet, it wouldn't be mine though. The one I sold was in excellent condition and I know the purchaser was really happy.