Seatbox UK

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
My new seat went on this evening, four screws, it doesn't get any easier than that :)

It adds an inch to the height compared to my old Rive seat which is ideal as the previous configuration was giving me pain in a knee cap after a few hours of sitting with level thighs, a massive improvement regarding comfort, and the added bonus of the drawer under the seat no longer sticks when sitting down...

20210721_195021.jpg

20210721_195033.jpg

Great work by Stuart at Seatbox UK

If anyone wants to contact him his email and contact number are below....please mention Maggotdrowning when you do...
If anyone wants a seat for any box, not just Rive, and wants to use the Maggotdrowning logo, Seatbox UK have our permission to use it and have the graphics available.

Seatbox UK
Seatboxuk at gmail.com
07935 981523

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
And people tell me to get my grass cut. 🙄🤣🤣

So is this another seat or have you had your existing seat refurbished / recovered Dave ? I know you can’t say exactly but, what’s the ball park figure for having something like this done ? Thanks.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I can't see any Mole hills in the lawn, can you ;) ?

It's a brand new seat, both Peter and I opted for the more expensive carbon look, and the price also depends on the amount of embroidery involved so it's hard for me to put a figure out there, but give him a call or drop him a line, he's more than accommodating.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's the same as Tommy Pickerings but with my name and MD's logo on ;)

If it's good enough for Tommy, it's good enough for me :D

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
The seat on my Rive was the original 10 year old model and while it looked OK the foam had definitely deteriorated over the years.
Time for a new one. Now anyone who's looked in a Rive Catalogue will probably have had the same sharp intake of breathe when they've seen the prices, cheap they aren't. :oops:

Stuart at Seatbox UK has been making replacement seats for a good few years and developed a very good reputation. and his style of seat has thicker foam than used by many of the other Makers. Wickersley Angling Centre actually stocks and sells standard versions of his seats to fit a range of popular boxes in the shop.
However I opted for a custom version to my own specification , just a rectangular cushion without a pole cut out, The top of the range carbon look material and embroidery to my design and colour of my choice.

The seat was done in around 2 weeks and really simple to fit, 4 screws in the case of my Rive. The fit and finish is first class and I'm more than happy to recommend Seatbox UK to anyone looking for a new seat for their box. :upthumb:

Complete.jpg