Seatbox setup

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Received my new Matrix P25 box this morning.

Ive set it up in the living room, on a flat surface, with the box as low as it will go whilst being at the right height from the footplate as per Tommy Pickering (crook of the knee, back of the seat 1/2 inch higher than the front)

So when I arrive at my peg tomorrow, am I correct in thinking that I just need to set it down, and adjust the extendable sections of the legs to ensure its flat, as opposed to adjusting the box in the frame?

hope that makes sense, thanks in advance

stewie

Nicky Dodds

I always drop the footplate as low as possible on the legs then work upwards. Then when the seat is at the right height you have maximum leg space for accessories. Sounds like you're doing the same ?

Stewie74

Site Supporter
I always drop the footplate as low as possible on the legs then work upwards. Then when the seat is at the right height you have maximum leg space for accessories. Sounds like you're doing the same ?
Yep, that’s what I’ve done.

Feels really weird sitting on it, having spent all of my angling time thus far in a chair, it’s like I’m balanced on top of a pillar.

need to make sure my side tray, feeder arm and butt rest all fit (should be fine I think, then I’m good to go.

Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow

bettsfan

Woohoo you gonna look the Bizz tomorrow, well done on the purchase and I am imagining it is no longer set up (unless Mrs Stewie is home late :ROFLMAO:)

As you say, keep Seat Box low and work the legs from there, you will get to love it. As much as I love my chair I wouldn't be without my SeatBox.

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Woohoo you gonna look the Bizz tomorrow, well done on the purchase and I am imagining it is no longer set up (unless Mrs Stewie is home late :ROFLMAO:)

As you say, keep Seat Box low and work the legs from there, you will get to love it. As much as I love my chair I wouldn't be without my SeatBox.
Haha, ATGNI, that’s me!!!!

(and she’s not home yet, so it’s still in the living room.....)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Is a nice slice of Parkin safe when Nick's about Mick?
Do not ..... repeat .... do not come between Nicky and his Parkin or Ginger cake. He’s a lovely guy and you can have anything he’s got but, don’t make the mistake of asking him for a piece of his ginger cake. Be warned. ???