Seatbox set up

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
It's years since I fished a big natural reservoir. When the water in the margins is too shallow to put your net in and you have to fish sitting in the water. Is it best to put a platform in and put your box on it or just use the box with its legs extended?

Cobweb

Site Supporter
I'd put a platform in and if I didn't have one I'd buy one. Thank the fates for seatboxes and platforms. I got pretty cold in my waders on Lough Erne using extended bank sticks for my bait waiter and nets - and had to be careful when the waters rose

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave, I think its comes down to..........

1. How confident you are that the leg clamps on your set up won't slip.
2. Do your box legs extend far enough to enable you to set up where you need to and for the box to remain stable.

A lot of the lads fishing those type of venues tend to use the Rigger Barrows to transport their kit and thus have a platform to hand if needed. ;)

bricky72

Site Supporter
just walk out to above kness drop legs down on box get it comfortable large side tray for baits on middle leg small side tray back leg with spare feeders worms etc on also leg on side tray for 4 rod holder for spare rods which sit on large 4 leg Preston roost
feeder arm set on front leg and landing net hooked on middle box leg with handle on pole roller

Mike atkinson

Site Supporter
I use the rigger large platform/ barrow, it takes all my gear to my peg, then I drop the wheel off it, then, take it into the water, it’s usually under the water by 4 or 6 inches,, I level this with a magnetic level, then sit my box on top👍👍👍👍

JayBee

Site Supporter
It's years since I fished a big natural reservoir. When the water in the margins is too shallow to put your net in and you have to fish sitting in the water. Is it best to put a platform in and put your box on it or just use the box with its legs extended?
If you are tempted to come up with a solution that relies on your renowned DIY skills, may I suggest an accessory.

1614358073385.png

baggy

Mark Saunders
I just extend the legs on my box, I used to use a platform but having a d36 rive it’s stable enough and it also means the support legs can be used on my side trays

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
for that sorta thing,

Ive got an original River rock 6 legged platform with the slide out footplate, proper solid beast