Seatbox for Naturals

The Hitman

Site Supporter
Having decided to concentrate fully on my running line fishing. Sold my pole this week, i want to look at changing my seatbox.
Currently have a Matrix S36. Nice seatbox and has served me well.

I fish mainly natural venues now, some have nice solid built swims but Tamar has rugged banks. In the summer with the water low you could be walking out 20ft over rocks. Looking to reduce the weight slightly and the bulk of the Matrix box.

My preferred choice looking at all the options is to buy a H Frame with one or 2 draws. 80% of my fishing is now pleasure days so i dont carry loads of kit. 4 rods, seatbox, carryall/bait bag.
I like the look of the Map H Lite 30 or 36. I could go for the Matrix H Frame but feel the Map is better for me with 2 draws.

I know 36mm legs seem to be the thing for stability. How do fellow MD's find 30mm legs? In comparison.
Any feedback on the Map box would be appreciated.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I have also just bought an Inception SL30 & I'm very pleased with it. I even remove the footplate if I'm just pleasure fishing our club waters. No problems with stability & it's comfy to sit on. I previously had a Maver Venue which had a rock hard seat. I've picked up the MAP H30 in a shop & that was light but sturdy.

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
I fish a couple of places that require long walks. I've bought a set of kit specifically for these places. Matchstation seatbox, comes in at 6kg, very light and sturdy enough but l'm not the heaviest. Penrose single wheel platform, the small version, acts as a trolley and platform to set up in the water. Ihave removed the footplate from my seatbox and have made up a couple of metal poles to attach rod rests, keepnets, groundbait bowl. Keepnets are 2 Shakespeare Sigmars kept in a small Drennan stink bag. An Nzon 4 rod holdall and carryall completes my set up. Compact and fairly lightweight for those long trudges to and from pegs.

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
A few more options :upthumb:

The Hitman

Site Supporter
A few more options :upthumb:
Thanks for the links, been told to avoid Browning box from somebody in the know, only the seatbox's he said. Not sure why other than quality. I was told that with Maver and mine was great, just too compact.

The Hitman

Site Supporter
I fish a couple of places that require long walks. I've bought a set of kit specifically for these places. Matchstation seatbox, comes in at 6kg, very light and sturdy enough but l'm not the heaviest. Penrose single wheel platform, the small version, acts as a trolley and platform to set up in the water. Ihave removed the footplate from my seatbox and have made up a couple of metal poles to attach rod rests, keepnets, groundbait bowl. Keepnets are 2 Shakespeare Sigmars kept in a small Drennan stink bag. An Nzon 4 rod holdall and carryall completes my set up. Compact and fairly lightweight for those long trudges to and from pegs.
6kg wow, will take a look thanks.

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
I also changed the Matrix 36 box Rich to a MAP 30 lite. Great box and much easier to pick up

The Hitman

Site Supporter
I also changed the Matrix 36 box Rich to a MAP 30 lite. Great box and much easier to pick up
How are the legs with the H Frame? I found the Maver one a little tight for feeder attachments when the height was set. I'm 5ft 11in. Was 6ft 3in until pressure of life caught up with me 🤣🤣
The 36mm newer model is nearly the same weight as the 30mm.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wouldn’t have anything other than an Octbox. You can get outriggers for it, so no need to take a platform, it has barrow attachments so no need for a trolley.

I have had mine getting on for 8 years and would only replace it with another. I don’t do too much natural venue fishing now, but have happily sat on it in Durleigh and Porth after wading out.

tee.bee

Site Supporter
Screenshot_20220525-131018_Chrome.jpg

The Hitman

Site Supporter
I wouldn’t have anything other than an Octbox. You can get outriggers for it, so no need to take a platform, it has barrow attachments so no need for a trolley.

I have had mine getting on for 8 years and would only replace it with another. I don’t do too much natural venue fishing now, but have happily sat on it in Durleigh and Porth after wading out.

Guy i fish with has one, hopefully fishing with him this weekend, will have a good look at his setup. 👍

lliopp

Site Supporter
Octbox for 10 year's as someone previously posted would just replace with another, but think it will outlast me.