Seat boxes - what’s the weight?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The locking was based on a secret calculation we have that take's a member's posts and behaviours and calculates the perceived future workload that will be generated by them :)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's a bit like the warnings and reports process - we just know that after so many warning and reports that a member is heading towards the naughty step when they fail to take heed of them ;)

lucc

Yes it is deliberate. It is the same thing for the net handles or the feeder rods, some manufacturers do not publish the weight, though it is very important for a lot of people.
Try to stay on a D25, avoid drawer (or empty ones), prefer alu seatboxes.

johnfishing

I’m with you on this Paul. I really would like a lighter box than my Tourney 500. Being in the north, it’s very difficult to find decent tackle shops with a large variety to check out. Plus the factor of checking like for like. It’s a bit hard comparing a MAP Lite with 2 drawers against my Tourney with 8.
At the moment I’m contemplating fixing my old Boss box to. Matrix H-frame base, but that’s another thread.
Fitted a Maver platinum box on a Matrix H frame huge capacity new seat its sturdy comfortable but boy is it heavy