Seat boxes - what’s the weight?

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I am sure it’s deliberate on their part but why don’t they put the weight of their boxes on their website (matchbox excluded).

We now have 2 carbon boxes on the market, one says 10% lighter (than what!), neither actually say it’s weight (I appreciate a lot of the weight is the excessive amount we all put in them!). The MAP lite box doesn’t declare its weight but says it is lightweight, and is named lite I assume to reflect it is light!

davepellet

I guess they don't put the weights as it's not something that people have ever really asked for before

also as most anglers who use a seatbox also use a barrow of some description (and as you say, because we all pack them out with as much heavy gear as we can) it becomes slightly less relevant than say the volume of gear you can store in them?

also, as we hold rods & poles for much of our fishing, weight is a consideration to the actual usage, but with a seatbox there could be an argument for preferring a heavier option, so it's more stable

Terry D

The taxpayers can afford it!
I’m with you on this Paul. I really would like a lighter box than my Tourney 500. Being in the north, it’s very difficult to find decent tackle shops with a large variety to check out. Plus the factor of checking like for like. It’s a bit hard comparing a MAP Lite with 2 drawers against my Tourney with 8.
At the moment I’m contemplating fixing my old Boss box to. Matrix H-frame base, but that’s another thread.

paulstep

Amazon.de have seatbox weights their website descriptions. Mine is relatively light weight at 8,5kg.

rodring

Account Locked
A frame boxes are generally heavier and the only way to adjust the height is to add more units which in turn makes it more heavier which is what a 6ft+ mate of mine found. That's why I went for the Matrix P 25 I can adjust the height of the box without adding weight I can also add or subtract units again to make the box lighter or if I need to carry extra items. The weight of the box when it's empty isn't really the issue that all changes when we fill it with all the gear we ''might'' need.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
To go slightly askew I'm a armchair person and most but not quite all weights are given. There can quite a bit of difference between them.

fishingmad123

Regular Dude
Account Locked
i recently bought a browning xitan box from the classifieds off here , excellent box , very light and can add or take away trays or draws as needed ,also can adjust seating height to suit anyone , wich alot of the new box's fail to consider , very good product from browning .

kingfisher5

The weight of the box is soon irrelevant when it’s loaded up with “stuff”. I had a Milo box which was really light until I loaded the large base with pole supports etc etc. I now have a Rive Box which hasn’t got all the accessories included but still is a hefty weight. I guess what,I’m saying is that if manufacturers put a weight on their website, it would be irrelevant but could sway someone thinking their buying a lighter box when due to the storage capab=city, loaded it would be heavier.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Many many years ago an old fellow saw me struggling to carry my tackle box and gave me a very good piece of advice. Carry a little note book and write into it every single piece of tackle you use hooks, shot, floats rod rests everything for a year. At the end of the year take everything out of your tackle box and put it on a table, then put back in only what is written in the note book , if you haven't used it in a year YOU DON'T NEED IT!

CarpCatcher86

The weight doesn't matter anyway.
you are more than likely going to transport the box from car to peg by means of a big trolley. also you can't feel the weight of it when you are sitting on it.

Robinson62

Account Locked
Many many years ago an old fellow saw me struggling to carry my tackle box and gave me a very good piece of advice. Carry a little note book and write into it every single piece of tackle you use hooks, shot, floats rod rests everything for a year. At the end of the year take everything out of your tackle box and put it on a table, then put back in only what is written in the note book , if you haven't used it in a year YOU DON'T NEED IT!
It’s box weight is 40 stone add 20 stone makes 60 stone but a 20 stone with 20 stone it weighs 440 stone Wats difference About 20 stone irrelevant apart form a bad no Brianerrrr

Irishhybrids

Robinson, I think you need to read what you type before hitting send , you literally do not make any sense what so ever !!

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
It’s box weight is 40 stone add 20 stone makes 60 stone but a 20 stone with 20 stone it weighs 440 stone Wats difference About 20 stone irrelevant apart form a bad no Brianerrrr
I understand what you are trying to type but you need to read what l wrote.
" struggling to carry my box"
What the man was trying to put across was that l was carrying to much unnecessary stuff. At that time l travelled by bus.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
40 + 20 =60
20 +20 = 40 , not 440.
So 20 lighter. No brainer. Reasonable logic but just bad typing.
Also l think he may have meant lbs. not st.

chris1967

Site Supporter
I think Dave should unlock Robinson62 account ,his two posts made me pi$$ ,dumbness is in abundance with that kiddy .